RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 - Omega DLC Announced (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18316)

Dhruin October 13th, 2012 16:15

Mass Effect 3 - Omega DLC Announced
 
BioWare has announced a new single-player DLC for Mass Effect 3, titled Omega. The pack will sell for $14.99 and will be released on November 27/28. Appaently this will be "the biggest expansion in the series to date":
Quote:

Soldiers of the Milky Way,
Disturbing reports from the Citadel suggest that something big is about to go down. If our Intel is accurate, Aria is on the move. This was anticipated, as we did not expect her to sit idly by while Cerberus ran roughshod over Omega. With her biotic capabilities and well-documented mean streak, what happens next won’t be pretty.
Our informants believe that Aria intends to seek out Commander Shepard for assistance. We are aware of the Commander’s ties to Aria, but are unclear about how deep they run. What we do know is that Aria will be relentless in her fight to take back Omega, and with the Commander at her side, she may very well be unstoppable.
We will be observing this situation closely as it develops. Continue to monitor this channel for further communication.
The war for Omega begins—How far will you go to end it?
Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) – Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).
$14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points
More information.

Thaurin October 13th, 2012 16:15

Great, and now my Xbox decided to go belly up.

Misha October 13th, 2012 19:10

I really do not want to bea mean (but I will be).
But… will it really matter? I mean we all know how it all ends and how RGB ending system works. I dunno how it would change an awful taste in my mouth after finishing this trilogy. Ofc there was a feeling in main installment that Aria is somewhat cutted - you finished gathering a war asset with her and there was no purpose of talking with her anymore. So, yes, maybe it will have a quality of LotSB but.. who cares anyway xD (this is another fail of their "artistic" conclusion).

Ashindai October 13th, 2012 19:41

No, Omega won't matter in the end, just like Leviathan didn't. This is for players who enjoy ME3 combat and haven't had enough of the story/characters yet.

Alrik Fassbauer October 13th, 2012 20:00

Sounds like … "The rest of the universe vs. Shepjherd and Aria" ?

… Which sounds like a good excuse to mow down everything that faces Shepherd … Mass killing ahead !

Thaurin October 13th, 2012 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashindai (Post 1061165362)
No, Omega won't matter in the end, just like Leviathan didn't. This is for players who enjoy ME3 combat and haven't had enough of the story/characters yet.

Exactly, so what's up with the negative? If you enjoy Mass Effect and its universe, who cares about the ending. The ending was satisfying to me, probably because I don't care so much that my choices in the games meant little in the end.

I'd like to play this DLC at some point… if I ever get my Xbox fixed.

Couchpotato October 13th, 2012 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaurin (Post 1061165372)
Exactly, so what's up with the negative? If you enjoy Mass Effect and its universe, who cares about the ending. The ending was satisfying to me, probably because I don't care so much that my choices in the games meant little in the end.

I'd like to play this DLC at some point… if I ever get my Xbox fixed.

Yes we know you love it. You made multiple threads saying so.:p I agree the extended cut was satisfying but the original was shit.

Misha October 13th, 2012 23:48

I respect an opinion of some guys that it was all okay. But for some ME (at least the first) was about the great story and logic within it, which made it so believable universe. ME3 conclusion was a deny (for me) of this logic, therefore I AM UNDER A BIG RAAAGE. - won't complain any longer, promise x)

purpleblob October 14th, 2012 01:22

I had enough of ME series. I've been playing ME3 for about 3-4hours now and I'm sick of it. Control is garbage (at least for PC) - space bar is solution to everything, yo. My Fem Shem is ugly, it's trying to be too emotional (Did I mention I hate kids? Especially the star child), I'm hating all new NPCs (Bega, Traynor and Diana? Whatever their names are) and I'm stuck with Kaidan who keeps on asking if my Fem Shep is really Fem Shep and not some Cerberus robot/VI/whatever)… EDI just got her new body and I will see if she turns out to be good. Garrus is Garrus, the only NPC I like so far. I don't know, it just isn't fun at all at the moment.

Carnifex October 14th, 2012 04:23

ME 3 was, is, and forever will be awful. Like a pile of pooo, you can spray 50 litres of Lysol on it, you still have pooo. Only now you've wasted good Lysol on it. Not bitter, simply being honest.



-Carn

LongMuckDong October 14th, 2012 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1061165365)
Sounds like … "The rest of the universe vs. Shepjherd and Aria" ?

… Which sounds like a good excuse to mow down everything that faces Shepherd … Mass killing ahead !

Agreed! I'm getting that 'Love Mass Effect' vibe back.

It's taken a while.. but the butthurt has been replaced again with the love.

Dhruin October 14th, 2012 07:48

I can't see that it's that much different to ME2 and I enjoyed it enough as a story-based shooter with some lite RPG elements.

Gaxkang October 14th, 2012 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruin (Post 1061165431)
I can't see that it's that much different to ME2 and I enjoyed it enough as a story-based shooter with some lite RPG elements.

Agree there are no revolutionary changes over ME2. Except that the hope is gone. When playing previous ME games I was always wondering what effect my action would have on the story. Now I know it has none (aside from trivial cosmetics) and that there is no way to play it to get an outcome that's not 'that ending', so it de-evolves to shooting with dialog.

The main change is the reduced freedom - everything is cutscene driven and there are so few opportunities for you to just get out and about and do your own thing.

I can see no reasons for a replay of something that's gone down this path, especially if like me - you have a steam library whose shelves are heaving with unplayed stuff.

human_male October 14th, 2012 12:12

It will just be one long protracted gun battle after another.

booboo October 14th, 2012 13:28

I stopped playing ME3 (which I picked up on sale) quite far in - but it was just combat after combat with some filler cinematic. And that crappy sticky spacebar that messed up combat for me. I just became tired. I may go back to it one day, if I'm really out of options. Busy with IWD1 again after about 2 years and loving it ;-) The thought of a new DLC for ME3 makes me feel like new DLC for Skyrim - 'whateva'. I want expansions - complete, new and engrossing story/settings with complexity - not some filler mission to close off a loose end.

Saber-Scorpion October 14th, 2012 16:44

ME3 was a pretty darn good ending to a pretty darn good 3rd-person-shooter/RPG series. They may not be the greatest RPGs ever, but the Mass Effect trilogy as a whole still constitutes a rather impressive feat. Haters gonna hate, etc.

That said, I'm not terribly interested in these DLC packs about Shepard doing various tasks, helping people, and preparing to fight the Reapers. Not enough to pay money for them. BioWare need to make some DLC that explores other aspects of the universe and story. An Omega DLC pack where you play as Garrus fighting criminals as Archangel, for instance, would have piqued my interest a whole lot more than one where Shepard goes to there to shoot yet more Cerberus dudes.

Crilloan October 14th, 2012 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber-Scorpion (Post 1061165471)
ME3 was a pretty darn good ending to a pretty darn good 3rd-person-shooter/RPG series. They may not be the greatest RPGs ever, but the Mass Effect trilogy as a whole still constitutes a rather impressive feat. Haters gonna hate, etc.

That said, I'm not terribly interested in these DLC packs about Shepard doing various tasks, helping people, and preparing to fight the Reapers. Not enough to pay money for them. BioWare need to make some DLC that explores other aspects of the universe and story. An Omega DLC pack where you play as Garrus fighting criminals as Archangel, for instance, would have piqued my interest a whole lot more than one where Shepard goes to there to shoot yet more Cerberus dudes.


Well put and I can agree mostly.
Shepards story is finished in a very definitive way, I find it very hard to work up some enthusiasm for an extra chapter to a concluded story.

They should use the well crafted universe and lore to tell other stories in it.

C

Couchpotato October 14th, 2012 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crilloan (Post 1061165485)
Well put and I can agree mostly.
Shepards story is finished in a very definitive way, I find it very hard to work up some enthusiasm for an extra chapter to a concluded story.

They should use the well crafted universe and lore to tell other stories in it.

C

They will in the new trilogy coming out didn't you hear. There already working on the next installment as confirmed when the docs left. I don't know who will be the next lead.

They would be fools to stop the franchise.

Crilloan October 14th, 2012 21:18

As I have stated on numerous occasions, give me a detective story with political undertones in the citadell :-)

C

DeepO October 14th, 2012 23:05

Rather lookin´ forward to it.
Hopefully it includes the collectors (recently added to MP) somewhere, fighting just Cerberus (even with few new units) is not an exceptionally exciting prospect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber-Scorpion (Post 1061165471)
They may not be the greatest RPGs ever, but the Mass Effect trilogy as a whole still constitutes a rather impressive feat.

Yep.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:39.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch