RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Baldur's Gate - Interview @ Red Bull (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18626)

Dhruin November 13th, 2012 21:33

Baldur's Gate - Interview @ Red Bull

An unusual place to find a Baldur's Gate interview but Red Bull caught up with Trent Oster to discuss the Enhanced Edition. Regular followers will find little new and the focus is the iPad release:
Quote:

“The project came about out of frustration and playing with an iPad for the first time,” he says. “We were frustrated with the lack of deep gameplay in many recent games. In my opinion, many games have gone too far simplifying gameplay to make it appealing to the casual gamer. We wanted to work on games that were deep and entertaining.”
And despite the success of pick-up-and play games like Angry Birds and Temple Run, Oster says the iPad is the perfect format for the game. “The first time I picked up and iPad I said, ‘You know what would be awesome on this? Baldur's Gate would be awesome on an iPad.’ It is.”
Oster, who served as the original game’s 3D Department Head and oversaw artwork for the game, as well as multiplayer QA (quality assurance - checking it’s actually fun), has been hard at work on Enhanced Edition at Overhaul Games, a development studio based in Edmonton, Canada.
More information.

cptbarkey November 13th, 2012 21:33

casual games for casual people.

Thaurin November 13th, 2012 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptbarkey (Post 1061170786)
casual games for casual people.

What's wrong with casual games? What's wrong with deep games?

JDR13 November 13th, 2012 22:46

Well, this is a website dedicated primarily to crpgs. I don't have anything against casual games in general, but I have zero interest in them for the most part. Plants vs Zombies is the only one I can think of that I actually enjoyed.

CrazyIrish November 14th, 2012 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061170805)
Plants vs Zombies is the only one I can think of that I actually enjoyed.

That's because it actually had a bit of depth :)

Gokyabgu November 14th, 2012 10:35

I wish they have made the game for the Iphone too. I can't make GemRB run on my machine. Playing IE games in my phone. Now that would be awesome.

azarhal November 14th, 2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gokyabgu (Post 1061170892)
I wish they have made the game for the Iphone too. I can't make GemRB run on my machine. Playing IE games in my phone. Now that would be awesome.

Isn't the Iphone screen a wee bit too small for playing BG?

DArtagnan November 14th, 2012 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaurin (Post 1061170800)
What's wrong with casual games? What's wrong with deep games?

I'm looking at what you quoted, and I just can't find anything to indicate the poster felt there was something wrong with casual games.

Could you point it out?

joxer November 14th, 2012 13:48

He can't point out what you're searching.
You've misundersood the post.

As usual? :p

DArtagnan November 14th, 2012 13:50

Joxer speaking for Thaurin? Kinda makes sense ;)

joxer November 14th, 2012 13:59

It's me answering you. That should make more sense. Okay, not making sense to you, but well… :p

Thaurin is just a collateral victim here.

DArtagnan November 14th, 2012 14:01

You both tend to be victims of cruel logic quite frequently ;)

I'm sorry if that's my fault!

joxer November 14th, 2012 14:18

Going against a flow is not being a victim. Not in my case.
And any of this had nothing to do with any cruel logic. Nor whatever that happens frequently whenever and wherever.

I'm not buying BG:EE because the dev's backstory got me disgusted and it's not your fault, it has nothing to do with you and so you don't have to worry or be sorry about anything.

DArtagnan November 14th, 2012 14:32

I'll take that into consideration, once I manage to relate it to anything I've said :)

cptbarkey November 14th, 2012 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061170923)
I'm not buying BG:EE because the dev's backstory got me disgusted and it's not your fault, it has nothing to do with you and so you don't have to worry or be sorry about anything.

to answer the original question, I despise the iPad and everything it stands for. now please continue another 22 post thread interpreting what i said in 5 different ways. :biggrin:

Cacheperl November 14th, 2012 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptbarkey (Post 1061170951)
I despise the iPad and everything it stands for.

They plan to release it on android, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptbarkey (Post 1061170951)
now please continue another 22 post thread interpreting what i said in 5 different ways. :biggrin:

No. Yes. Maybe.