RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   TES V: Skyrim (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   What Skyrim Looks Like When You’re Running 100 Mods At Once (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18718)

wolfgrimdark November 24th, 2012 18:20

What Skyrim Looks Like When You’re Running 100 Mods At Once

5 Attachment(s)
This is pretty cool … hard to believe someone could get a game looking like this. If these are true shots of the game with all these mods I would love to play it!

http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyri…0-mods-at-once

joxer November 24th, 2012 19:14

Um… The game looked on my machine something like that without any mods.
Then again, I'm a nitpicker only when it comes to endless respawns and bugs.

wolfgrimdark November 24th, 2012 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061172656)
Um… The game looked on my machine something like that without any mods.
Then again, I'm a nitpicker only when it comes to endless respawns and bugs.

Nice! I wish mine were like that. I have a GTX 680 with all the games settings on max/ultra, including a few tweaks in the INI files … and mine looks really great as well, but nothing as realistic as the images I saw on that thread. Some of them almost look like photographs.

Moriendor November 24th, 2012 20:51

1 Attachment(s)
What Skyrim really looks like when you're running 100 mods at once…

Fluent November 25th, 2012 01:09

Those screenshots do look nice.

Between Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind mods, and the new Elder Scrolls Online coming out, I am really considering buying a gaming laptop to play these games.

CountChocula November 25th, 2012 03:42

I just checked and I have 129 mods installed, but it really doesn't look much different from vanilla. Only a couple of texture replacers, no ENB stuff or graphics mods. Most of what I've installed is gameplay tweaks, survival/needs, mods that make the combat more challenging or add new playing styles, crafting expansion, lots of quest mods and new dungeons.

Couchpotato November 25th, 2012 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriendor (Post 1061172663)
What Skyrim really looks like when you're running 100 mods at once…

So true the dreaded game has stopped working error. I had so many headaches with this error. Is it this mod or that mod it gets frustrating even with mod managers.

JDR13 November 25th, 2012 07:01

I wouldn't want to know what the system requirements are to run that at a decent framerate. :)

DeepO November 25th, 2012 10:58

Looks worse than the original, overall.
I certainly would not want shifts in art direction like this in my game.

CountChocula November 25th, 2012 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepO (Post 1061172723)
Looks worse than the original, overall.
I certainly would not want shifts in art direction like this in my game.

Is that Wii Golf? :P

DarNoor November 25th, 2012 15:05

Those shots look great if they were coming from Oblivion. But, Skyrim is supposed to be a cold, dreary place. The atmosphere is lost with those mods.

Crilloan November 25th, 2012 15:38

Im preparing for my play. (only played 5 hours six months ago.
ive spent a couple of hours so far downloading and working out how to get STEP going.

Really wonder if its worth the hassle or if I should just fire up the game

C

wolfgrimdark November 25th, 2012 15:58

Some of them are a little bright - I only have a few mods. But I did like how realistic some of them got. I was just more impressed with what people could do with the tools.

This one wasn't to bright and seemed to capture winter:

For my Mods I just have:
  • High Res Texture (official)
  • Improved Farkas (Cosmetic)
  • Auto Unequip Ammo (bow arrows)
  • Oakwood (just a lore friendly village)
  • Lore friendly enhances towns (cosmetic) for Whiterun, Riften, Solitude, Falkreath, Riverwood and Windhelm. All are individual mods.
  • Stoutheart Armor (cosmetic as AC is same as leather)
  • Helmless Warrior. This one affects the perks but I hate wearing helms - it reduces the requirement from 4 to 3 for armor perks.

Plus the DLC for Dawnguard and Hearthfire. Overall the enhanced towns is pretty nice for graphics and it all looks great.

DarNoor November 25th, 2012 16:20

I think the winter scene was the best of the screenshots. I am looking for mods that enhance the snow. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

JemyM November 25th, 2012 16:41

This is exactly how northern Sweden looks like:

Northern Sweden:

This looks like Luleälven:

Luleälven (Lule river)

CountChocula November 25th, 2012 17:23

That's great, you are living in Skyrim!

wolfgrimdark November 25th, 2012 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarNoor (Post 1061172753)
I think the winter scene was the best of the screenshots. I am looking for mods that enhance the snow. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

I haven't really looked for any but when I was in the workshop last night I recalled this one … not sure if this is of any interest though. I would like to see better snow cover on the ground. I also know there is one that shows snow build up on your characters clothes and body … but not sure what the name is.

This one is supreme storms.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile…38&searchtext=

first_watch February 6th, 2013 06:10

These are great screenshots. But having too many mods doesn't work for my computer. There was a chance it would crash after playing for a while.