RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   RPGWatch (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "User CP" is well hidden :-) (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18742)

fiorel November 27th, 2012 22:17

"User CP" is well hidden :-)

Hi folks,

This is a great website - I like it a lot!

Figuring out how to change my avatar was really giving me headaches though.
I was searching for something like "user profile" and then by chance stumbled over the "user cp". It's really hard to find. Just a suggestion - maybe put a button somewhere to make it easier for new users?

Anyways keep up the good work.

Corwin November 27th, 2012 22:21

Welcome to the forums. We hide it deliberately as a test to see if you really are an RPG player since we figure only real ones will be able to find it!! :)

dteowner November 27th, 2012 22:34

Corwin had to buy the RPGWatch strategy guide to figure it out. ;)

Welcome.

joxer November 27th, 2012 22:44

Perhaps it's time I put one too…

[EDIT]
Done.

Corwin November 27th, 2012 22:46

I'll lend you my strategy guide!! :)

Arhu November 28th, 2012 09:44

Maybe we should start thinking about adding a short tutorial after character creation…

Pladio November 28th, 2012 09:59

I really think we should add quests to this forum.

Welcome to the land of RPGs. This place was once a land of beauty. Unfortunately, a disaster has struck and we have enlisted you <username> to help us. We have learnt a lot about you but we would like you to give us some more information and of course there's al the red tape we will have to go through. First of all we need to passport-sized pictures. One for our archives and one to put on your pass. Second, we will teach you how to send secret messages to important people. Finally, we will explain how to post public broadcasts do that everyone can hear about the wonderful things you have done for us as well as all your adventures.

So please, click on forums and then user cp to continue.

Myrthos November 28th, 2012 14:52

We have a User CP? Wow!

Jaz November 28th, 2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061173228)

Yes, we should! :harl:

fiorel November 29th, 2012 00:56

Thank you for the welcomes :)

DArtagnan November 29th, 2012 11:59

Ahhh, fresh meat!

Cm November 29th, 2012 17:59

First welcome to the Watch!

I think Pladio wrote an excellent guide. ;) Might be too long for the registration page but I know someone could make it work! Just add a most wanted poster with Corwin on it and you will be set! :)

Pladio November 29th, 2012 18:01

Thank you CM.

We can develop the story by having Corwin being a reckless bandit, wanted by all of RPGWatch. Unfortunately, he has managed to steal a moderator pass.

No one knows how to stop him :O

Cm November 29th, 2012 18:16

;) Sounds like a plan. Make him a wizzard, older then dirt, and with a penchant for getting lost ALL the time and everyone will know who it is. :cm: :)

Jaz November 29th, 2012 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061173427)
Ahhh, fresh meat!

Better be nice to him, D'Art. Fiorell (with 2 'l)' was the court jester/royal advisor of the Ulldart series. If ours is the real F., he's quite influential ;).

Lucky Day November 29th, 2012 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cm (Post 1061173495)
;) Sounds like a plan. Make him a wizzard, older then dirt, and with a penchant for getting lost ALL the time and everyone will know who it is. :cm: :)

Can we get him a hat that says "Wizzard" on it? If he were a Sourceror than I would be running far, far away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061173228)

Welcome to the land of RPGs. This place was once a land of beauty. Unfortunately, a disaster has struck and we have enlisted you <username> to help us. We have learnt a lot about you but we would like you to give us some more information and of course there's al the red tape we will have to go through. First of all we need to passport-sized pictures. One for our archives and one to put on your pass. Second, we will teach you how to send secret messages to important people. Finally, we will explain how to post public broadcasts do that everyone can hear about the wonderful things you have done for us as well as all your adventures.

So please, click on forums and then user cp to continue.

We could come up with a script with an Ultima 4 thing quite easily methinks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061173150)
Perhaps it's time I put one too…

[EDIT]
Done.

and here I thought I was adblocking your old one

DArtagnan November 29th, 2012 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaz (Post 1061173518)
Better be nice to him, D'Art. Fiorell (with 2 'l)' was the court jester/royal advisor of the Ulldart series. If ours is the real F., he's quite influential ;).

I'm always nice!

Alrik Fassbauer November 30th, 2012 12:09

And I'll be the crazy scientist ! Ooops … :lol: