RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Torchlight II - Sells 1M Copies (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19072)

Dhruin January 1st, 2013 22:00

Torchlight II - Sells 1M Copies

Runic tweeted they have shifted 1M copies of Torchlight II:
Quote:

We had an amazing 2012, and proud to say that #Torchlight2 has sold over 1 million units! Thank you! Happy New Year's Eve everyone :)
More information.

Yme January 1st, 2013 22:00

I hope they sell another million, it's everything Diablo 3 should have been gameplay wise.

Fluent January 1st, 2013 22:51

Wow. Unbelievable really. I never thought Torchlight II would sell that many copies.

I haven't played it but I played the original Torchlight and thought it was a cool game. I guess a lot of people must have thought the same thing.

Hope they port this to the Xbox 360.

rune_74 January 1st, 2013 23:43

This is good to hear, haven't played it in awhile but it definitely is a great game.

Myrkrel January 2nd, 2013 01:12

That is great news - congrats to Runic!

And if anyone hasn't bought it yet - it's on Steam sale for $10 today.

bagelobo January 2nd, 2013 09:00

Still waiting for this game to show up on GoG

Ferris_bg January 2nd, 2013 11:15

Grats, lets hope they use the money right and start bigger RPG project in 2013!

Tragos January 3rd, 2013 16:10

When compared to first game it is in another league and the developers are patching it regularly , it is far better than diablo 2 IMO .

DArtagnan January 3rd, 2013 17:51

I think Torchlight 2 should be very grateful for Diablo 3 - because it seems to me that it's being quite overrated due to the massive disappointment of the Diablo sequel.

Truth be told, I think TL2 is a pretty shallow game with a barebones story and somewhat middling production values. But in terms of mechanics, it's a lot better than D3 - and has a lot more replayability.

I certainly wouldn't call it what D3 should have been, as that would have required a game in an entirely different league.

Relayer January 3rd, 2013 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061178084)
Truth be told, I think TL2 is a pretty shallow game with a barebones story and somewhat middling production values. But in terms of mechanics, it's a lot better than D3 - and has a lot more replayability.

But "mechanics" and replayability are exactly what make this type of a game.

DArtagnan January 3rd, 2013 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relayer (Post 1061178102)
But "mechanics" and replayability are exactly what make this type of a game.

If that was true, everyone would be playing ASCII Rogue-likes instead of whining about Diablo 3.

rune_74 January 3rd, 2013 21:26

There is a lot to do in the game, it isn't a stat heavy turn based rpg, but it was never advertised as one. What it does it does well?

Vahid January 3rd, 2013 21:58

I've no idea why people like this game. It's just a shallow game with little or no story IMO. It's cartoonish cutscenes and poor graphic looks extremely ridiculous and makes me laugh. I hate that crappy click-fest combat too. You just have to click, click and click. You need no precision, no proper timing, no proficiency and so on. After playing about 1 hour started to get aching in every finger joints up to below my wrists.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061178084)
I think Torchlight 2 should be very grateful for Diablo 3 - because it seems to me that it's being quite overrated due to the massive disappointment of the Diablo sequel.

I certainly wouldn't call it what D3 should have been, as that would have required a game in an entirely different league.

Completely agreed.

CountChocula January 3rd, 2013 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vahid (Post 1061178125)
I've no idea why people like this game. It's just a shallow game with little or no story IMO. It's cartoonish cutscenes and poor graphic looks extremely ridiculous and makes me laugh. I hate that crappy click-fest combat too. You just have to click, click and click. You need no precision, no proper timing, no proficiency and so on. After playing about 1 hour started to get aching in every finger joints up to below my wrists.

Never tried any of these myself, but when I have watched the gameplay videos, they appear to be rather boring and often I cannot even tell the difference between Torchlight, Diablo, Path of Exile, Van Helsing, etc. They all look sort of like web browser tower defense games.