RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bethesda Softworks - Fallout 4 Hints? (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19162)

Dhruin January 9th, 2013 20:59

Bethesda Softworks - Fallout 4 Hints?

The voice of Fallout 3's Three Dogs character, Erik Todd Dellums, has hinted of further work as that character. From his twitter stream:
Quote:

To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!
It seems Bethsoft blessed this teasing, as well:
Quote:

@ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.
More information.

rjshae January 9th, 2013 20:59

Yeah, definitely one of the highlights of the Fallout 3 setting; much preferred to the stations in FNV.

CountChocula January 9th, 2013 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjshae (Post 1061178749)
Yeah, definitely one of the highlights of the Fallout 3 setting; much preferred to the stations in FNV.

You didn't like Tabitha and Rhonda's radio show? :lol:

JDR13 January 9th, 2013 22:03

I can't say I was a fan of Three Dog in FO3. I found the character to be somewhat cliche, and his announcements didn't really add anything to the game for me.

Doesn't change the fact that FO3 was one of the best games in the last 5 years for me though. I eagerly await FO4.

joxer January 9th, 2013 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061178758)
I eagerly await FO4.

Who doesn't? :D

jhwisner January 9th, 2013 23:16

Bethesda is almost as good as Kickstarter at prying open my wallet. I wonder which one will bring me a better return on investment?

Couchpotato January 10th, 2013 00:27

Who didn't see this coming. I'm sure five and six are on the way eventually also. Anyway Three dog is known as the annoying voice I always muted or turned off playing.

rune_74 January 10th, 2013 00:34

Damn I was hoping they would stop and let it languish for 10 years.

Thrasher January 10th, 2013 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061178769)
Who doesn't? :D

Bethesda haters. There are a few sites full of them. ;)

coaster January 10th, 2013 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato
Anyway Three dog is known as the annoying voice I always muted or turned off playing.

Glad I wasn't the only one who turned the radio off, I prefer a sense of solitude in my games. Its like playing Tomb Raider Legend with those pricks Zip and Alistair constantly wittering.

Although I did like that "Big Iron" song in FNV…

Thrasher January 10th, 2013 02:34

No you aren't the only one. All radios stayed off in my game. I like to be able hear creeps coming.

CountChocula January 10th, 2013 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by coaster (Post 1061178791)
Glad I wasn't the only one who turned the radio off, I prefer a sense of solitude in my games. Its like playing Tomb Raider Legend with those pricks Zip and Alistair constantly wittering.

Although I did like that "Big Iron" song in FNV…

I enjoyed all the radio music for both games except that "Johnny Guitar" song really got on my nerves after a while. I think I finally broke down and renamed the audio file or did something to get rid of it.

Also really enjoyed the CONELRAD mod, which adds a fun new radio station with lore friendly Cold War era bomb scare PSAs.

BababooeyHTJ January 10th, 2013 03:55

I really liked the radio in Fallout 3 especially with the mod "GNR more where that came from". I also used the songs from that mod and Fallout 3 in Fallout New Vegas.

spiraling69 January 10th, 2013 04:06

Thank the gods! Nice coincedence as I was just thinking about this the other day. I'd imgaine that they have been working on FO4 for some time now, right?

Pessimeister January 10th, 2013 04:06

Quote:

@ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.
Not so much a tease, more of a mild irritation, since I shot that damn dog dead in my game. ;)

Zloth January 10th, 2013 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1061178800)
I really liked the radio in Fallout 3 especially with the mod "GNR more where that came from". I also used the songs from that mod and Fallout 3 in Fallout New Vegas.

Here, too. New Vegas really needed it - there just weren't enough songs in that one. The 'Kick in the Head' song was getting irritating until I flooded the radio with about 50 more tunes from the era. Of course, being a Kansas boy, I had to stop the game and whistle along when Judy Garland would sing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.

The radio was definitely OFF when I was sneaking around through nasty places but it was great to have when wandering around town or in semi-safe wastelands. 3 Dog's comments were fun, too, and least the first couple of times you hear them.

The Walkin' Dude January 10th, 2013 09:22

The Johnny Guitar song was annoying. I don't like the song, but it's still stuck in my head since first playing.

Igor January 10th, 2013 12:07

While the character was memorable and quite annoying later, I am glad to hear the mention of possible Fallout 4 now what is left to mention is the location and release date.

GhanBuriGhan January 10th, 2013 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igor (Post 1061178840)
While the character was memorable and quite annoying later, I am glad to hear the mention of possible Fallout 4 now what is left to mention is the location and release date.

If three dog is in it, it have to be set close in time and space to FO3, I guess. Regarding release, I think Bethesda typically shoots for about a year of PR buildup - so if this was the first blip on the radar, it is probably still a little more than a year away.

DArtagnan January 10th, 2013 12:34

I'd be surprised if FO4 wasn't in the making - so this "tease" is hardly that significant :)

I thought T-Dog was a boring and tedious cliché character. Then again, FO3 had pretty boring characters and bad writing overall.