RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fallout 3 - New Teaser Art (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1934)

Dhruin May 30th, 2007 01:59

Fallout 3 - New Teaser Art

A new week and a new piece of teaser art at Bethsoft's Fallout 3 site. Pete Hines also sent over a reminder that "This is the final one, with the teaser trailer to be released next week".
More information.

rune_74 May 30th, 2007 01:59

gotta say I really like the teaser art.

txa1265 May 30th, 2007 04:29

Yep - a teaser for a teaser … I hope that the teaser trailer tells us *something* …

GhanBuriGhan May 30th, 2007 08:29

Wether it does or not, there will remain plenty of room for speculation. Look forward to the *exclusive* Xbox magazine interview that will tell you all about the awesome next-gen grapics…

mogwins May 30th, 2007 10:19

Damn myself for getting excited about this! It's more than likely going to be all style and no substance, but I can't help but hold out a glimmer of hope that they'll get it someway right…

Briosafreak May 30th, 2007 10:26

It will be on PCGamer soon too, and every media outlet, from XBox to PC to everything else will have a first peek on the 12th of June, much more info will come out then.

coyote May 30th, 2007 11:10

At least the teaser music I like a lot. If the rest of the Fallout 3 score is of the same quality, it will already be a big atmosphere bonus.

ikbenrichard May 30th, 2007 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote (Post 30267)
At least the teaser music I like a lot. If the rest of the Fallout 3 score is of the same quality, it will already be a big atmosphere bonus.

did you even played the original 2 fallouts?
the music is not bad., but for fallout it is totally wrong.

Morbus May 30th, 2007 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote (Post 30267)

The teaser music?! I personally hate it a lot… I even blacklisted it in my Adblock Plus for Firefox! Besides, it has nothing to do with any gameplay music in Fallout…

crpgnut May 30th, 2007 15:17

Yep, the music does kinda suck but there's so little of it that I can't judge what the Fallout 3 sound will be. The music in the original Fallouts was nothing special either though. I've always liked the music in the Might and Magic series. I generally like simple tunes that play when you enter a certain location. It kinda makes each new location something to look forward to.

bjon045 May 30th, 2007 15:48

The only real music in fallout 1 and 2 was in the intro, the rest was pretty much ambient sound. This last piece of art is the best one so far I think.

fatBastard() May 30th, 2007 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjon045 (Post 30282)
The only real music in fallout 1 and 2 was in the intro, the rest was pretty much ambient sound. This last piece of art is the best one so far I think.

Yes but what music, eh?

Ever since hearing Satchmo's "A Kiss to build a Dream on" I've been a fan :cool:

JemyM May 30th, 2007 17:38

I have never blamed Bethesda for bad artwork. It's their quest architecture and storywriters that sucks.

When it comes to the Fallout 2 in-game music it had some nice soft tracks. Arroyo, Vault City and Reddings were my favs.

xSamhainx May 30th, 2007 18:00

finally another Fallout thread worth looking at. The other "inside baseball" ones were lulling me into a freakin' apathy-induced coma!

Thank the Great Tiger above for this teaser, it very well have saved my life!

coyote May 30th, 2007 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikbenrichard (Post 30271)
did you even played the original 2 fallouts?
the music is not bad., but for fallout it is totally wrong.

I played both Fallout and Fallout 2, but it did not really occur to me that it would be a bad sign if the score for Fallout 3 would deviate from theirs, although I did like Jeremy Soule's music a lot back then. It's just a matter of how much creative freedom one is willing to allow them. Also, keep in mind that it would be odd to have the inconspicuous and soft music you would enjoy as background for the game while exploring also for the teaser.

On the other hand, my taste in music might well be a bad indicator for choosing the best selling score for the game. It is kind of mood dependent, too.

Morbus May 30th, 2007 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 30289)
I have never blamed Bethesda for bad artwork. It's their quest architecture and storywriters that sucks.

And game designers too, by the way ;)

xSamhainx May 31st, 2007 10:25

This is a pretty good pic, I like it prolly the most of them all so far. Battleship one was really cool too

mogwins May 31st, 2007 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatBastard() (Post 30284)
Yes but what music, eh?

Ever since hearing Satchmo's "A Kiss to build a Dream on" I've been a fan :cool:

Wasn't it Louis Armstrong? I also like the Inkspots' "Maybe."

magerette May 31st, 2007 20:09

Satchmo = Louis Armstrong. It's a nickname. :)

mogwins May 31st, 2007 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by magerette (Post 30366)
Satchmo = Louis Armstrong. It's a nickname. :)

Well, you learn something everyday. I guess that's me done for this Thursday, I'll go ask my boss if I can head home… ;)