RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wasteland 2 - Gameplay video next week? (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19416)

Dhruin February 2nd, 2013 03:09

Wasteland 2 - Gameplay video next week?
 
Catching up on Brian Fargo's tweets, hopefully we'll get some video of Wasteland 2 next week:
Quote:

I can't wait to get our video game play demo into your hands. It's looking super strong with lots of detail. Feels like next week for that.
…and Chris Avellone is impressed:
Quote:

We showed Mr. Avellone the Wasteland 2 game play demo today and got a big thumbs up. We got some laughs along with some oohs and ahhs.
More information.

joxer February 2nd, 2013 03:09

oohs and ahhs?
um… the video they watched was really gameplay video? for sure?
:)

JDR13 February 2nd, 2013 11:43

Already? I'm surprised that they're far enough along to have gameplay footage to show off this soon. Definitely looking forward to seeing this.

Brother None February 2nd, 2013 14:03

They seem to be well on schedule. I think they prioritized one area to polish up a bit for showing off, but most importantly the HUD is functional and working, as are other gameplay areas.

The area they'll show is the agricultural center, written by Chris Avellone, and they'll show the HUD, dialog, skill tests, combat. Should be good!

Caidh February 2nd, 2013 14:17

I keep seeing various folks tweeting about it. I'm really looking forward to seeing it but I wish they would just release the video and stop talking about it! :)

ikbenrichard February 2nd, 2013 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother None (Post 1061182577)
They seem to be well on schedule. I think they prioritized one area to polish up a bit for showing off, but most importantly the HUD is functional and working, as are other gameplay areas.

The area they'll show is the agricultural center, written by Chris Avellone, and they'll show the HUD, dialog, skill tests, combat. Should be good!

I am always wonder why YOU have that kind of inside information.
Nonetheless, great to hear more info then a simple a gameplay movie is coming.

Capt. Huggy Face February 2nd, 2013 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikbenrichard (Post 1061182592)
I am always wonder why YOU have that kind of inside information.

Because Brother None is The Man. He's the NSA of RPGs. He's the "Pssst…" in a trenchcoat under a street lamp. The innkeeper easily bribed with digital gold. He's your conscience personified in 1s and 0s. The nasal-voiced 1920s telephone operator of the interwebs. He's the paste eater on the other end of your soup can on a string. The muted voice of static on your cordless home phone you think might be a neighbor. He's your brother at midnight on the matching plastic walkie talkie, who you begin to suspect might be under the covers with a flashlight and a porno mag….

…A whisper on the wind. A knife in the dark… *loses his train of thought and drifts away on mysterious cliches…*

Couchpotato February 2nd, 2013 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikbenrichard (Post 1061182592)
I am always wonder why YOU have that kind of inside information.
Nonetheless, great to hear more info then a simple a gameplay movie is coming.

That's because he has connections.;)

ikbenrichard February 2nd, 2013 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face (Post 1061182598)
Because Brother None is The Man. He's the NSA of RPGs. He's the "Pssst…" in a trenchcoat under a street lamp. The innkeeper easily bribed with digital gold. He's your conscience personified in 1s and 0s. The nasal-voiced 1920s telephone operator of the interwebs. He's the paste eater on the other end of your soup can on a string. The muted voice of static on your cordless home phone you think might be a neighbor. He's your brother at midnight on the matching plastic walkie talkie, who you begin to suspect might be under the covers with a flashlight and a porno mag….

…A whisper on the wind. A knife in the dark… *loses his train of thought and drifts away on mysterious cliches…*

You forgot one thing, he is dutch !
But then again, so am I.

You should write a book, you got the suspence.

Charles-cgr February 3rd, 2013 20:57

Brother None is also moderator in the Wasteland forums. Good journalism is about having the knack to being in the right place at the right time. He's in the right place all the time :)

Capt. Huggy Face February 3rd, 2013 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles-cgr (Post 1061182701)
Brother None is also moderator in the Wasteland forums. Good journalism is about having the knack to being in the right place at the right time. He's in the right place all the time :)

That's right, or at least being aware of what's going on. And it's not luck. It's about legwork.

xSamhainx February 4th, 2013 03:57

enough talk, show me the money

tomasp3n February 4th, 2013 16:43

Yeah, this is like the fourth time I read about the video to come. Stop teasing already and show it to us!!! On the other hand, if the video is as good as I hope, that means that the game might be as good as I hope. And then the waiting for the actual game to be finished will be even worse. Maybe I shold just lay off computers for half a year or somehing…

Brother None February 4th, 2013 17:37

Haha, funny thread. But to be clear, this information isn't insider, it's been publicly stated here and there, I just happen to follow it all closely enough to know. I did also see the video script and will get to see the video before it's out, but that's just to gather feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles-cgr (Post 1061182701)
Brother None is also moderator in the Wasteland forums. Good journalism is about having the knack to being in the right place at the right time. He's in the right place all the time :)

I help em out on a bunch of stuff, yeah. It's good to get news quickly that way, but able to clarify and get inside stuff, but obviously as a journalist that also means I can not write previews/reviews for WL2 or any inXile product, and don't intend to. Don't get me wrong, they don't pay me or anything, but I'm way too vested in this product to give it an unbiased look. But that's fine as long as you're aware of it and act responsibly, as a journalist.

rjshae February 4th, 2013 23:15

We're excited about a pre-announcement to a preview of an unfinished game? Ah well… :)

Charles-cgr February 5th, 2013 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjshae (Post 1061182853)
We're excited about a pre-announcement to a preview of an unfinished game? Ah well… :)

It's not an "unfinished game" it's Wasteland 2! :)

Daddy32 February 9th, 2013 16:10

It is here!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch