RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Age of Wonders 3 - Announced by Triumph (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19458)

Dhruin February 6th, 2013 21:09

Age of Wonders 3 - Announced by Triumph

After a number of teases, Triumph Studios has finally unveiled Age of Wonders 3, which is scheduled to be released Autumn 2013. From Eurogamer:

Quote:

Dutch studio Triumph (Overlord) is bringing the Age of Wonders strategy RPG series back to life with Age of Wonders 3.
Triumph co-created the series with Epic Games in 1999. The last instalment in the series was Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic in 2002.
Triumph is targeting an autumn 2013 release for Age of Wonders 3 on PC, but won't force it if it's not ready. There are plans for a Mac version - maybe even to launch simultaneously - but these aren't set in stone. Later on, a tablet version may appear.
It's not a Kickstarter project - work began in 2010 before the Kickstarter boom - and it doesn't have a new-age business model. Age of Wonders 3 has high production values and will be sold on Steam and Good old Games and in boxes in regions where that's appropriate.
Thanks, komandos1983! Screens and a trailer are available at the Eurogamer link.

More information.

xep624 February 6th, 2013 21:09

Looks like insta-buy to me on gog.com…. I'm a TBS sucker….

Yme February 6th, 2013 21:11

Wohoo!

Warmark February 6th, 2013 21:37

When I saw Triumph's message on facebook I was hoping it would be AoW 3, classic turn-based fantasy series I can't wait. Still have the first 3 games on my computer today.

Nameless one February 6th, 2013 21:41

Age of wonders 3 announced

Developers of Overlord 2 are working on Age of wonders 3 here is link to official site with trailer and there is article on RPS about it.

Edit: when watch article sorry I guess I need better glasses:(.

CutLunch February 6th, 2013 21:55

Nice surprise!

coaster February 6th, 2013 21:57

I loved the first 3 games, very happy about this.

Couchpotato February 6th, 2013 22:12

Looks like that reddit article from 5 months ago I posted was right. It was a rumor then but like most industry rumors turned out to be true.

Hopefully they don't screw it up. If they ruin it I blow a gasket and go loco on them.>:( I still play every game in the series occasionally.

Arhu February 6th, 2013 22:20

Iiiinteresting. I still listen to the soundtrack of AoW I & II sometimes. Good stuff.

borcanu February 7th, 2013 00:05

praise jesus

Carnifex February 7th, 2013 00:10

Good news indeed. I like it when the old, good games make a comeback!!

-Carn

ArcaneMagix February 7th, 2013 01:19

Buying!

Thrasher February 7th, 2013 01:20

Dare I say "AWESOME"? <<no scorn intended>>

Here is something that I will buy on day 1, provided it isn't fail.

Noriym February 7th, 2013 01:36

Hell yeah!!! :biggrin:

I personally think that AoW Shadow Magic is the best turned based fantasy strategy game ever made, better than Master of Magic.

Made my week!

rune_74 February 7th, 2013 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noriym (Post 1061183203)
Hell yeah!!! :biggrin:

I personally think that AoW Shadow Magic is the best turned based fantasy strategy game ever made, better than Master of Magic.

Made my week!

I used to think that too, until I tried Eador….

Couchpotato February 7th, 2013 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune_74 (Post 1061183204)
I used to think that too, until I tried Eador….

Eador is a good game but sadly like most games of this kind doesn't play like a Master of Magic game. Age of Wonders is the closet I ever played.

Warlock - Master of the Arcane is a contender also. I recommend that game also if your a Age of Wonders fan. The combat is simplified though. Sorta like the Civ games.

Warmark February 7th, 2013 01:55

Quote:

I used to think that too, until I tried Eadorů.

Eador is a fantastic game, but I love the tactical combat of AoW: Shadow Magic, that part of the game still hasn't been beat for me.

Fnord February 7th, 2013 01:55

Quote:

I used to think that too, until I tried Eadorů.

AoW 1 is my personal favourite of the lot, and while I found Eador to be good, it still could not hold a candle to the first AoW.

gozioso February 7th, 2013 03:52

This is awesome news. The AOW games are great. The tactical combat has phenomenal depth.

Capt. Huggy Face February 7th, 2013 04:09

Awesome news.

Please don't dumb this game down. And please keep it….a game. Let me choose the number of factions to play against on a randomly generated map. Keep the large number of factions that have been available in the past. Let me continue to customize my faction in more depth than just appearance. Preserve the tactical depth of the combat and the great variety between factions, etc.

Don't make me play a scripted campaign only, a la Stronghold 3 and the very recent and very disappointing Omerta: City of Gangsters.