Risen 2 mods?
I think it's about time I got back and played this again. I got about 2/3 of the way last time - but was distracted.
I'd really like to play it with a better balance between the weapons (guns being too powerful last time) - and I was wondering if there are any mods out for this - that are any good?
Dart, sorry don't know much about risen 2 mods, but I think I can atleast mention Risen 2's unofficial patch.
Just scroll down a bit, below german version is the english version.
Spoiler – Fixes
- Booze teaches the perk "Liquid Courage" correctly. [^]
- Webster teaches the perk "Critical Hits" correctly. [^]
- Alvarez ("Swordmaster") is still available as a trainer if all four artifacts have
been collected. [^]
- Severin is available as a trainer even if one chose the dialog option "You'd be
better off teaching them how to fight.".
- The perk "Monkey Trainer" cannot be learned (and paid for) twice. [^]
- The quest item "Spear of the Warrior" cannot be sold or thrown away. [^]
- The artifact "Sacrificial Knife" cannot be obtained twice. [^]
- Osamu gives away the quest item "Blood of the Ancestors" even if Garcia's identity
has been disclosed by the help of Angus. [^]
- After loading a saved game, Flanningan and Quinn still sell Monkeys. [^]
- The potion "Fool's juice" has its own icon and can be sold like the other permanent
potions. Additionally the SortID has been corrected. [^]
- The item description of the "White diamond" has been corrected. [^]
- Slick accepts the quest item "Fruit basket". [^]
- The quest "The Lookout's Report" is canceled if the player joins Chani (otherwise
it could not be finished). [^]
- The quest "Search Garcia's Possessions" can be finished even if the Isle of the Dead
is completed beforehand. [^]
- The quest "Meat for the Cook" (Osorio/Thompkins) is canceled if it cannot be
finished anymore. [^]
- Quest reward for "Blades for Cooper" is the item "Sword hilt: King's sword" as
announced in the preceding dialog. [^]
- When returning to Osorio without having talked to Thompkins, one still gets 3/4 of
the quest reward (150 gold coins) and the corresponding dialog is triggered.
- After the player having returned to Caldera, Severin doesn't mention Corrientes'
expedition anymore as it has already parted. [^]
- It is not possible to be accompanied by a crew member on the Isle of the Dead (even
if exploiting the fast travel system). [^]
- One can still provoke Riley ("Red bandana") after having failed at the first
- It is not possibly to pick up a flying parrot (gold exploit) or to use the "Thief's
Bone Hand" on it (crash). [^]
There seems to be also a gun rebalance mod, but I don't know if it is any good or if it has any serious bugs etc. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…-Balancing-Mod
Risen 2's gameplay is quite horrible and I also had some difficulties to withstand the annoyances such as poor balancing and akward combat "system", but then again I played risen 2 through mostly because the fun setting, great locations and sense of adventure. I liked to read some pirate novels when I was younger and risen 2 sort of hit the sweet spot.
Thanks for the info…
I quite liked Risen 2's gameplay - and only had a problem with the balance, really.
I didn't know about that unofficial patch. Looks like it fixes quite a few annoying issues, so it should be well worth it unless it introduces new bugs.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:58.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch