Risen 2 mods?
I think it's about time I got back and played this again. I got about 2/3 of the way last time - but was distracted.
I'd really like to play it with a better balance between the weapons (guns being too powerful last time) - and I was wondering if there are any mods out for this - that are any good?
Dart, sorry don't know much about risen 2 mods, but I think I can atleast mention Risen 2's unofficial patch.
Just scroll down a bit, below german version is the english version.
Spoiler – Fixes
- Booze teaches the perk "Liquid Courage" correctly. [^]
- Webster teaches the perk "Critical Hits" correctly. [^]
- Alvarez ("Swordmaster") is still available as a trainer if all four artifacts have
been collected. [^]
- Severin is available as a trainer even if one chose the dialog option "You'd be
better off teaching them how to fight.".
- The perk "Monkey Trainer" cannot be learned (and paid for) twice. [^]
- The quest item "Spear of the Warrior" cannot be sold or thrown away. [^]
- The artifact "Sacrificial Knife" cannot be obtained twice. [^]
- Osamu gives away the quest item "Blood of the Ancestors" even if Garcia's identity
has been disclosed by the help of Angus. [^]
- After loading a saved game, Flanningan and Quinn still sell Monkeys. [^]
- The potion "Fool's juice" has its own icon and can be sold like the other permanent
potions. Additionally the SortID has been corrected. [^]
- The item description of the "White diamond" has been corrected. [^]
- Slick accepts the quest item "Fruit basket". [^]
- The quest "The Lookout's Report" is canceled if the player joins Chani (otherwise
it could not be finished). [^]
- The quest "Search Garcia's Possessions" can be finished even if the Isle of the Dead
is completed beforehand. [^]
- The quest "Meat for the Cook" (Osorio/Thompkins) is canceled if it cannot be
finished anymore. [^]
- Quest reward for "Blades for Cooper" is the item "Sword hilt: King's sword" as
announced in the preceding dialog. [^]
- When returning to Osorio without having talked to Thompkins, one still gets 3/4 of
the quest reward (150 gold coins) and the corresponding dialog is triggered.
- After the player having returned to Caldera, Severin doesn't mention Corrientes'
expedition anymore as it has already parted. [^]
- It is not possible to be accompanied by a crew member on the Isle of the Dead (even
if exploiting the fast travel system). [^]
- One can still provoke Riley ("Red bandana") after having failed at the first
- It is not possibly to pick up a flying parrot (gold exploit) or to use the "Thief's
Bone Hand" on it (crash). [^]
There seems to be also a gun rebalance mod, but I don't know if it is any good or if it has any serious bugs etc. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…-Balancing-Mod
Risen 2's gameplay is quite horrible and I also had some difficulties to withstand the annoyances such as poor balancing and akward combat "system", but then again I played risen 2 through mostly because the fun setting, great locations and sense of adventure. I liked to read some pirate novels when I was younger and risen 2 sort of hit the sweet spot.
Thanks for the info…
I quite liked Risen 2's gameplay - and only had a problem with the balance, really.
I didn't know about that unofficial patch. Looks like it fixes quite a few annoying issues, so it should be well worth it unless it introduces new bugs.
I'd like to do a few mods using the console which I haven't seen anyone else try or explain, maybe someone here has some pointers.
First, I'd like to be able to make any NPC join the hero. In the console you can type "edit (name of NPC)" which brings up lists and sublists of attributes - if you select Property Sets => Dialog you can change PartyEnabled from False to True, then you can ask the NPC to come with you. They will, however the change isn't permanent - if you go to the ship then travel to a different island the NPC will be gone. Anyone know how to make this change permanent?
Also I'm wondering if it's possible to change an NPCs appearance - like if I wanted every character in the game to be Steelbeard (odd, I know, just wondering). Any thoughts?
I believe you should check here if someone figured it out and if not, just ask them:
will do, thanks for the link
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:58.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch