RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Chaos Chronicles - February Screenshots (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19626)

Myrthos February 25th, 2013 13:09

Chaos Chronicles - February Screenshots

Six new screenshots have been made available for Chaos Chronicles, which can be viewed in our gallery.

More information.

arthureloi February 25th, 2013 13:09

Looks perfect to me. I wouldn't change a thing =)
Highly excited for this!

borcanu February 25th, 2013 14:26

holy cow

Lemonhead February 25th, 2013 15:45

The overland map looks really nice. Looking forward to this.

Fluent February 25th, 2013 16:17

Wow, I love that graphical style. Kinda looks like Inquisitor but more imaginative. Really nice.

Any word on how interactive the world is going to be?

Rills February 25th, 2013 17:56

I love the art work. The setting looks great. This is definitely one I am going to keep a watch on. I really hope that there will be a good story line.

Pongo February 25th, 2013 17:59

This look amazing. Every screenshot I've seen for this game looks great, really nice graphic style (not to mention the hex grid and turn based combat in the video they released a few months back!). Just hoping to hear something about good ol' choice and consequence, but yeah its looking very exciting. Equally as exciting as the two big kickstarter games to be honest.

rjshae February 25th, 2013 18:26

I sure can't fault their graphics; the attention to detail is superb. Hopefully, the other aspects of the game are on par.

spiraling69 February 25th, 2013 18:26

very excited about this one. Would love for them to give us a true gameplay vid.

arthureloi February 25th, 2013 18:43

I mean look at those roofs! Brings me back to the good times when rpgs looked hand painted (baldur's gate, icewind).
And how about those trees? They look so good!

JDR13 February 25th, 2013 20:42

That has to be some of the best looking water I've ever seen in a game.

Couchpotato February 25th, 2013 21:59

I will say it again. The more I see the more interesting the game becomes.:)

Saxon1974 February 26th, 2013 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthureloi (Post 1061185876)
I mean look at those roofs! Brings me back to the good times when rpgs looked hand painted (baldur's gate, icewind).
And how about those trees? They look so good!

I really really miss the 2D hand painted graphics, still dont think any 3D games have looked as good. This looks pretty good for 3D though definitely interested in this game.

xep624 February 26th, 2013 06:43

I have been getting excited whenever I read anything about this game for the last half year or so… I will definitely pre-order this one just to support hard work the devs put in. I hope the quests+story will be at least good and that the game will have good atmosphere as well. Thanks for the new screenshots.

vurt February 26th, 2013 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon1974 (Post 1061185952)
I really really miss the 2D hand painted graphics

If you mean his examples (Baldur's Gate and IW) those games werent hand painted, for the most part they used 3D rendered images.

I think it's pretty nice that we now have games that actually looks better and in realtime 3D. I really like the news screens :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061185880)
That has to be some of the best looking water I've even seen in a game.

Remains to be seen since we havent seen it in motion, looks good in a screenshot though, i agree.

EvilManagedCare February 26th, 2013 14:23

Really looking forward to this game. Hope it delivers.

himmy February 26th, 2013 14:49

So fucking hyped for this. And it pretty much came out of nowhere.

Edit: I can't stop looking at screnshot no. 5. Although all of the elements are different, and it clearly has a much more rural feel, it is so deliciously reminiscent of the Old Camp in Gothic.

Dhraiden February 26th, 2013 18:22

It looks lovely indeed, I wonder whether the camera angle can be rotated or zoomed in and out, to a degree? Even if not, it looks good, and it should be a fun play when it's released.

The character models do look a little blocky around the edges, but maybe that's just me; I'm sure they'll receive further polishing up it would be great to see animation of the environment in video-clips, too, as Bob Ross would say, "There's all sorts of little movers and do'ers in there" :biggrin:

rjshae February 26th, 2013 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhraiden (Post 1061186002)
The character models do look a little blocky around the edges, but maybe that's just me; I'm sure they'll receive further polishing up — it would be great to see animation of the environment in video-clips, too, as Bob Ross would say, "There's all sorts of little movers and do'ers in there" :biggrin:

The character, creature, and tree models cast shadows, but they don't appear to shadow themselves. That makes the models look a little less realistic than they could. But possibly that will be a viewing option you can turn on; it'll no doubt be processor intensive to render in real time.