RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dragon Commander - New Trailer Released (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19660)

Myrthos February 28th, 2013 12:04

Dragon Commander - New Trailer Released

Here is the new trailer for Divinity: Dragon Commander.

More information.

JDR13 February 28th, 2013 12:04

My interest level in this game just went up considerably after seeing this.

Alrik Fassbauer February 28th, 2013 12:07

Same here.

It looks so good now ! Much, much better than the videos from several months ago !

GhanBuriGhan February 28th, 2013 12:24

Mine has already been stuck at 'overload' for a while. I don't know why, but I just totally dig what they seem to be trying to do here. Let's hope it all comes together in the game itself.

Xian February 28th, 2013 13:11

I hadn't paid much attention to this one, as the Dragon riding segments in Divinity 2 were my least favorite parts of that game. I had thought this would be just more of that, but this trailer shows that there is a lot more going on than just the aerial combat. Now I am interested in the game.

joxer February 28th, 2013 15:11

Sold.

JDR13 February 28th, 2013 15:24

The only thing I don't care for is the over the top characters. I would have preferred a more serious atmosphere all around.

The strategic overview and rts combat look very good though. I haven't played a good rts game in a long time, and this looks like it could hit the spot. I'm looking forward to this more than SC2: HotS.

Drithius February 28th, 2013 15:42

Looks incredibly fun! I wonder if there will be any "super" units ala Supreme Commander?

Also, when is this slated for release? I would expect soon given the LAN party, but the game's FAQ states "We’re pretty committed to releasing this in May or June next year, but we still have a lot of work." 2014?

wiretripped February 28th, 2013 15:44

Eh. Dunno. Not sure whether this'll be my cup of tea.

I am way more looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin than this one.

DeepO February 28th, 2013 15:59

Cool, adding the land/sea combat was most certainly a good call.

Balancing the dragon combat with the strategy aspect so that one doesn´t trivialize/marginalize the other seems like a delicate task, hopefully Larian have thought it through.

Myrthos February 28th, 2013 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drithius (Post 1061186287)
Also, when is this slated for release? I would expect soon given the LAN party, but the game's FAQ states "We’re pretty committed to releasing this in May or June next year, but we still have a lot of work." 2014?

No 2013.

azarhal February 28th, 2013 18:19

It does look really good. I can't wait!

Cacheperl February 28th, 2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061186279)
The only thing I don't care for is the over the top characters. I would have preferred a more serious atmosphere all around.

Yeah… I had that problem with some characters in Ego Draconis, too.
(Wizards. Should. Not. WEAR STUPID POINTY HATS! Seriously. That guy looked like a joke, and he was supposed to be some powerfull magician… whatever.)

And they seem to be moving more and more in that direction.

Other than that, I'm still pretty excited. It wont keep me away from the game.

stealth February 28th, 2013 23:09

I actually found it a bit underwhelming. I'm not really sure what to expect after seeing this. The dragon part looked seriously dull and somehow reminded me of the old SNES game Starfox. Pretty weird since I probably played that game for less than half an hour at a friends place 20 years ago.

xSamhainx March 1st, 2013 04:41

Dang, i have to admit that looks pretty cool. I like when strategy games let you also get in the middle of the action down on the same level as your forces. Lots going on.

Lizard chick with huge cans ultimately sold it for me, tho