RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   General RPG (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lord British Ultimate RPG countdown! (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19678)

SpoonFULL March 1st, 2013 22:07

Lord British Ultimate RPG countdown!

http://www.lordbritishpresents.com/

DArtagnan March 1st, 2013 22:08

Yai - another "masterpiece" from the Tabula Rasa mastermind - and now on tablets!

Carnifex March 1st, 2013 22:23

If I see the words "tablets, ipads, or consoles" associated with this…..thing, I'll laugh and walk away.

-Carn

SpoonFULL March 1st, 2013 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnifex (Post 1061186543)
If I see the words "tablets, ipads, or consoles" associated with this…..thing, I'll laugh and walk away.

You forgot to add 'microtransactions';)

Frozen Fireball March 1st, 2013 23:00

Well, it's referred to as breaking news. Let's hope for the best. :)

Spoiler

Thrasher March 1st, 2013 23:07

As in "breaking wind"? ;)

joxer March 2nd, 2013 00:08

This thread made my day. :D

Couchpotato March 2nd, 2013 02:46

Ultimate RPG Huh………Not really.:rolleyes: I stopped caring what he made years ago.

crpgnut March 2nd, 2013 17:50

After what this guy let happen to his Ultima franchise and knowing of all the guns in Texas, I'm shocked this dude is still alive. I figured some "dragon" would have gotten to him by now. :D

joxer March 2nd, 2013 18:01

Maybe he doesn't live in Texas? :p

xSamhainx March 2nd, 2013 18:42

I'll subscribe, I'm curious.
Not so happy about his later stuff, but he is an RPG legend and as such I'm interested in what he's doing. It's not impossible that he would do something good!

crpgnut March 2nd, 2013 19:38

All joking aside, I'd love to see him come back to his pc roots, but his interviews are all about mobile and microtransactions. He's only in it for the money now, and I'm really not interested unless the new Garriot progresses to the old Garriot. This new dude is a whack case.

SpoonFULL March 2nd, 2013 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061186659)
All joking aside, I'd love to see him come back to his pc roots, but his interviews are all about mobile and microtransactions. He's only in it for the money now, and I'm really not interested unless the new Garriot progresses to the old Garriot. This new dude is a whack case.

That's what I have read as well, its free to play with microtransactions for PC and mobile devices.

Corwin March 2nd, 2013 22:27

Maybe we should introduce him to Cleve!! Imagine the combination!!!! :D

SpoonFULL March 2nd, 2013 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwin (Post 1061186673)
Maybe we should introduce him to Cleve!! Imagine the combination!!!! :D

Cleveage!

joxer March 3rd, 2013 00:43

Don't even joke on that otherwise we'll see it as the game title!

Couchpotato March 3rd, 2013 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061186659)

Yep he already admitted all of this is true last year on gamebanshee. His vision on his future title included everything you wrote. Instant turnoff for me.

xSamhainx March 3rd, 2013 09:19

really, yuck. Mobile? really?

yuck :raincloud:

edit: ooo i like that un-smiley tho, i never noticed that one before. Something good came of this thread afterall

Fnord March 3rd, 2013 16:06

I would not count it out just because it will have a cellphone version (if it turns out that it will have one). Avernum: Escape from the Pit & Avadon both Android releases, and they were really good on PC as well.

wolfing March 3rd, 2013 16:11

I don't care if it's available for tablets and/or PCs, I have both and could play either way depending on the game. What I don't want is micro-transactions.