RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mars - Official Site Launched (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19797)

Myrthos March 18th, 2013 18:08

Mars - Official Site Launched

The official site for Mars War Logs has launched which you can find here.
In addition there are 5 new screens released (click on one of the images below to browse through them).
More information.

Thrasher March 18th, 2013 18:08

Well this looks more interesting with the explanation of RPG mechanics and crafting. I'll keep an eye on it.

joxer March 18th, 2013 18:21

I only know I want this game since the first moment I've seen it.
But for whatever reason, everyone makes a show-off but no preorder available till a few days prior to the release. :(

Dajjer March 18th, 2013 19:01

Looks very good.

I like what Spiders did with Orcs and Man, & Faery, Legend of Avalon. I really like these developers. They also have another RPG on the way called "Bound by Flame"

http://spiders-devblog.tumblr.com/bound-by-flame

My only beef is that this game's look (Mars) is perfect for the red planet, unfortunately this is the typical look for just about any post apoc RPG on EARTH! Perhaps our earthly developers are channeling some distant memory??????

Thrasher March 18th, 2013 19:55

The story refers to an apocalyptic event on Mars, so yeah, not very inspired…

rjshae March 18th, 2013 20:53

Looks pretty cool. It seems like a single-player, single-character game, but that is not made clear. (There was a bit of overlap on the web site content, so I may have missed something.)

Couchpotato March 19th, 2013 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjshae (Post 1061188847)
Looks pretty cool. It seems like a single-player, single-character game, but that is not made clear. (There was a bit of overlap on the web site content, so I may have missed something.)

Yes its a single player game as are they past games. You will have companions though it's stated in the game description.

I for one can't wait for there next two games.

Dr. A March 19th, 2013 06:02

Couchpotato, you eternal pessimist - what do you think you're doing with all this "anticipation"?

Tis not the way of your people… :D

Regarding the game:
- character levelling system with talent trees
- impactful dialogue
- tactical combat
- choices and consequences
- companions with unique traits
- crafting system
- 2 different guilds (factions?)

Well, I'm certainly very interested!

Couchpotato March 19th, 2013 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. A (Post 1061188912)
Couchpotato, you eternal pessimist - what do you think you're doing with all this "anticipation"?

Tis not the way of your people… :D

Regarding the game:
- character levelling system with talent trees
- impactful dialogue
- tactical combat
- choices and consequences
- companions with unique traits
- crafting system
- 2 different guilds (factions?)

Well, I'm certainly very interested!

I'm in a good mood right now.:) I liked there other games that helps to. Also there next two games don't deviate from there formula like other studios.

It could also be that linear narrative choice driven story's are my favorite type of rpg. Developers can keep there open world games.

MigRib March 19th, 2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061188913)
I'm in a good mood right now.:) I liked there other games that helps to. Also there next two games don't deviate from there formula like other studios.

This one looks quite good - not being fantasy is a decisive factor (don't know how other people can handle so many fantasy games). But waht about those two other games you are expecting them to release? I think I heard something about one, but can't even remeber what was it about…

Couchpotato March 19th, 2013 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MigRib (Post 1061188920)
This one looks quite good - not being fantasy is a decisive factor (don't know how other people can handle so many fantasy games). But waht about those two other games you are expecting them to release? I think I heard something about one, but can't even remeber what was it about…

I meant this game and there other one called Bound by Flame. Should of clarified that in my post. These are the next two games.