RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TopWare Interactive - Raven's Cry Release Date Announced (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19986)

Couchpotato April 9th, 2013 19:57

TopWare Interactive - Raven's Cry Release Date Announced

Hello my fellow watchers. This will be my first time posting news on Rpgwatch. I want to thank Myrthos. I look forward to bringing you new news everday. Now on to my first post.

Topware brings news that there Adventure/Rpg game Raven's Cry finally has a release date. The release date is set for October 24 2013.

Quote:

Raven’s Cry is a dark action-adventure that will challenge the image of pirates in popular culture. Game events are seamlessly interwoven with historical ones to create an authentic, thrilling narrative. The game begins when Christopher Raven embarks on his vengeful quest to track down and kill the men who murdered his family.

Features
• Action adventure set in a dark re-imagining of the pirate-plagued Caribbean.
• Engage in fiercely tactical melee combat with an historical, authentic pirate-hunting arsenal.
• Player choice will have grave consequences on the outcome of the story- will you become a righteous seeker of renegade justice, or a conscienceless man whose ends justify his means?
• Utilize special combat abilities like Fear Power and cursed Voodoo Charms to overcome and dominate your foes.
• Challenge a memorable cast of villains to brutal, heart-pounding duels to the death as you seek your vengeance.
There webpage can be found here.
More information.

borcanu April 9th, 2013 19:57

So this is their first .. attempt at a decent game, right?

coaster April 9th, 2013 20:03

Congratulations on your first newsbit Couchpotato!

Looks like an interesting game, nice to see a pirate game without Jack Sparrow-type overtones. Wonder how much in the way of RPG elements it will have - probably of the "lite" variety given the genre its listed under.

TimtheTaxMan April 9th, 2013 20:09

I like the developer and I think Two worlds 1 & 2 were underrated, but I'm a little disappointed in the choice of theme. Between Risen 2 and the Two Worlds 2's expansion I'm a bit pirated out.

I'll probably still get it because I love 3rd & 1st Person Action Adventure RPGs, but I wish the setting was different.

Gorath April 9th, 2013 20:13

Same dev as Two Worlds?!

Couchpotato April 9th, 2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 1061191888)
Same dev as Two Worlds?!

According to there webpage no it says Octane Games. They have another rpg in the works also but no mention of what Reality Pump is working on.

TimtheTaxMan April 9th, 2013 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 1061191888)
Same dev as Two Worlds?!

Reality Pump was founded by Topware and they were the same company for quite awhile. I suppose technically they are separate, but not in a meaningful way.

Xarg April 9th, 2013 20:22

Nope not the same dev team, just the same publisher. TW1-2:Reality Pump; RC: Octane Games

Nice first news post. The last sentence needs a bit of TLC.

Gorath April 9th, 2013 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimtheTaxMan (Post 1061191890)
Reality Pump was founded by Topware and they were the same company for quite awhile. I suppose technically they are separate, but not in a meaningful way.

It was a rethorical question. It's a different developer.

axellslade April 9th, 2013 20:51

Don't know about you guys but the engine feels so much like the one used in TW2(and PotFF for the matter).

Thrasher April 9th, 2013 23:05

Wow, there goes integrity at RPGWatch…

abharsair April 9th, 2013 23:11

Hey, congrats on your first newsbit, Couchpotato! And a well deserved position if I might say so.

Myrthos April 9th, 2013 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher (Post 1061191912)
Wow, there goes integrity at RPWatch…

RPWatch? I never go there. Terrible place ;)

Thrasher April 9th, 2013 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrthos (Post 1061191917)
rpgwatch? I never go there. Terrible place ;)

fixed. :)

Capt. Huggy Face April 10th, 2013 01:16

Congrats, Potato.

joxer April 10th, 2013 02:27

Congrats couch.
And ontopic, if no respawns in it, I'll definetly preorder when available.

JDR13 April 10th, 2013 02:53

The live-action trailer is terrible. I don't expect much from this title, but I'll try not to judge until I see some actual gameplay footage.

Dr. A April 10th, 2013 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061191938)
Congrats couch.
And ontopic, if no respawns in it, I'll definetly preorder when available.

Joxxer is at it again!!!! Just kidding :D

And congrats to couch!

rjshae April 10th, 2013 06:13

Clearly pirates are misunderstood in popular culture. Stab, stab, bang, poke, stab… arrgh.

Couchpotato April 10th, 2013 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. A (Post 1061191947)
Joxxer is at it again!!!! Just kidding :D

And congrats to couch!

Thanks if anyone finds any news not posted here pm me.. I will credit you in the post with the source. This is my first day so bear with me for at least a couple of days. I'm still getting used to it.