RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   RPGWatch (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MMO News Poll (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20048)

Couchpotato April 15th, 2013 17:44

MMO News Poll

Just a quick poll to ask everyone's opinion on the matter of MMO news. Do you want me to cover them, or do you want them burned in the fire pit forever?:) I'll leave the poll open for a while to get results.

Myrthos April 15th, 2013 17:58

Perhaps there should be a third option: For some specific MMOs.

Fenris April 15th, 2013 18:07

I don't really care - is it fun for you to look for MMO News ? If so, then post them ;)

Couchpotato April 15th, 2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrthos (Post 1061192692)
Perhaps there should be a third option: For some specific MMOs.

Good thinking. Now I have to figure out how to edit the poll.

joxer April 15th, 2013 18:18

I'll vote yes on "specific".
There are thousands of MMOs out there that… Well… Does anyone care about them?

ToddMcF2002 April 15th, 2013 18:35

There are clearly ones people here ate interested in: Elderscrolls, Lorto, Star Wars, Archeage… I would say yes but be selective?

ToddMcF2002 April 15th, 2013 18:37

Oh and DDO and Neverwinter too

DArtagnan April 15th, 2013 18:49

I'm definitely interested in MMO news - but I can't say I care too much about where I find it.

Then again, I've never been too concerned with sticking to RPGs overall. I don't think of games in terms of genres so much as in terms of whether they're good or not.

Strafe April 15th, 2013 19:29

Yes for specific ones, as in Elderscrolls, Lorto, DDO genre, and only if the time spent of this will not affect the RPG news u bring.

Thrasher April 15th, 2013 19:31

Selective is a good compromise. How do they get selected? Another poll? Held yearly? ;)

ToddMcF2002 April 15th, 2013 20:43

I'd say poll and take the top x. I'd avoid WoW news given the volumes. In fact maybe the same can be said of any of the established MMO's including Lotro. Maybe only report on the new stuff?

Jaz April 15th, 2013 21:18

Added the 'specific' option.

Kostas April 15th, 2013 21:53

Tempted to vote no since I don't really care about them but I can see how some limited coverage of the most important MMO news can be good. Stuff like announced, released, 1st gameplay footage, the inevitable went F2P etc. Certainly not something nearly as exhaustive as the cRPG coverage because in that case we might as well go back to the RPGWatch/MMOWatch thing.

coaster April 15th, 2013 22:31

Not interested personally, but hey I can always ignore those stories as long as they aren't too numerous.

Myrthos April 15th, 2013 23:18

A history lesson :)

We once had coverage of MMOs. Had a separate site, that still exists mmo.rpgwatch.com.

We separated MMO and offline RPGs already in the times of RPGDot because many visitors indicated not to be interested in the MMO news between all the offline RPG news. We continued that separation at RPGWatch. Lack of interest from all sides resulted in not posting news on MMOs anymore, with the exception of some highlights the editors thought were worth the effort (which weren't many).

That's how we got to where we are now.

DArtagnan April 15th, 2013 23:21

Yeah, but times have changed and a lot of people who would never touch an MMO seem to be quite keen on the genre today.

lostforever April 15th, 2013 23:36

Voted yes for all type of MMO news.

There are plenty of other sites for MMO news but discussion on those sites tend to get childish very fast. So I am hoping for more "matured"/ "civilised" discussion here at the watch :)

Alrik Fassbauer April 16th, 2013 00:00

Hm, personally, I'm not very much interested …

But what I'm really interested in is what MMOs are played by people from these forums ! That would be a poll I'd be interested in to see the result !

Gloo April 16th, 2013 00:08

Not interested since none really caught my attention since Ultima Online in its first years (not interested anymore since the samurai edition).

Gorath April 16th, 2013 01:07

I voted for 'no'. Our niche is SP. I consider it one of our strengths not to bother our reader with MMO coverage. ;)