RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Superman: Man of Steel trailer looks awesome! (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20075)

Drithius April 17th, 2013 07:57

New Superman: Man of Steel trailer looks awesome!
 
Take a look at this and try not to get amped over the June 14th release date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur…&v=T6DJcgm3wNY

Couchpotato April 17th, 2013 08:03

I like the new costume as he doesn't look like a man in underwear anymore. It's more of a prequel from Smallvile and how he becomes superman.

DArtagnan April 17th, 2013 12:32

Another superhero movie?

Well, it's Snyder and I really liked Watchmen - so maybe it's good. But I'm afraid I can't get amped because of a trailer :(

I think Superman is the most boring superhero of all time.

JDR13 April 17th, 2013 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061193025)
It's more of a prequel from Smallvile and how he becomes superman.

I can't think of anything less interesting than that.

I want to see epic battles with super villains not a story about Superman getting his pubes…

Drithius April 17th, 2013 15:20

It's an origin story + fighting, just like the first Christopher Reeve movie. The visuals in this trailer/film look off the charts.

Zloth April 24th, 2013 06:09

Wow, look at alllll these superhero movies coming out! A pity there isn't a great MMO out there to capitalize on them, eh NCSOFT?

Drithius April 24th, 2013 08:10

Humbug. I really miss CoH. It was like no other game. And so innovative.

Dr. A April 24th, 2013 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061193046)
Another superhero movie?

Well, it's Snyder and I really liked Watchmen - so maybe it's good. But I'm afraid I can't get amped because of a trailer :(

I think Superman is the most boring superhero of all time.

I am almost the same. I think Superman is ridiculously designed: super fast, super strong, indestructible, has super hearing, can fly and can shoot lasers out of his eyes. His weakness? An element that is not naturally occuring on Earth.

PLEASE! :rolleyes:

But after the incredible Watchmen movie, I have faith in Snyder. This is the first Superman movie that has gotten me intrigued.

JDR13 April 24th, 2013 10:15

I must be the only one who didn't care for Watchmen. I remember all the hype about it, but I can barely remember the movie itself.

After watching the trailer for Man of Steel again, I guess I can say I'm mildly interested now.

DArtagnan April 24th, 2013 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061194559)
I must be the only one who didn't care for Watchmen. I remember all the hype about it, but I can barely remember the movie itself.

After watching the trailer for Man of Steel again, I guess I can say I'm mildly interested now.

The only one?

Nah, I seem to remember it being quite divisive. A lot of people went into it expecting a standard super hero movie - and I can appreciate disappointment in that case.

I'm not a comic book person myself - and I'm actually not much of a superhero fan at all. I had no idea what the movie was about - so I just went in not expecting much. Especially because I HATED 300 with a passion.

But Watchmen took me by surprise - and I think it's probably my favorite superhero movie.

Dr. A April 24th, 2013 11:01

Watchmen is currently my fave superhero movie as well. I enjoyed the philosophy of it, so very unlike the typical good/evil dichotomy in other movies of the same ilk.

I believe most of the criticism was coming from fans of the graphic novel because the ending was apparently completely different. And the creator of Watchmen, Alan Moore, vehemently protested against the movie adaptation.

But I hear that the original ending was rather insipid and Alan Moore protests EVERY adaptation of his works. Also he is a bit of a nut.

Who knows? I enjoyed the hell out of the movie and even watched the super long Director's Cut. Brilliant movie!

DArtagnan April 24th, 2013 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. A (Post 1061194572)
Watchmen is currently my fave superhero movie as well. I enjoyed the philosophy of it, so very unlike the typical good/evil dichotomy in other movies of the same ilk.

I believe most of the criticism was coming from fans of the graphic novel because the ending was apparently completely different. And the creator of Watchmen, Alan Moore, vehemently protested against the movie adaptation.

But I hear that the original ending was rather insipid and Alan Moore protests EVERY adaptation of his works. Also he is a bit of a nut.

Who knows? I enjoyed the hell out of the movie and even watched the super long Director's Cut. Brilliant movie!

Actually, the original ending was taken DIRECTLY from an old Outer Limits episode.

It's exactly the same concept.

So, I wouldn't fret about that ending too much :)

Dr. A April 24th, 2013 13:44

Haha, tell that to the Moore-heads!

Anyway back on topic: that Superman trailer is just fantastic.

The Star Trek Into Darkness trailer is also great (Benedict Cumberbatch is freaking cool). Lotsa great movies this year!

Thrasher April 25th, 2013 01:06

yikes! How many times can this material be recycled, with a new shiny finish, brighter than the one from before? I suppose once for every generation, every 30 years or so. Or this is a statement of how risk-adverse/conservative businesses have become.

Dez April 25th, 2013 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drithius (Post 1061193024)
Take a look at this and try not to get amped over the June 14th release date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur…&v=T6DJcgm3wNY

Looks like an amazing summer film :) I'll definitely see the film on big screen.

DArtagnan April 25th, 2013 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher (Post 1061194682)
yikes! How many times can this material be recycled, with a new shiny finish, brighter than the one from before? I suppose once for every generation, every 30 years or so. Or this is a statement of how risk-adverse/conservative businesses have become.

If only recycling was somehow exclusive to superhero films :)

Hollywood has been recycling the same handful of plot setups and gimmicks for at least half a century.

It doesn't even take new generations. People forget what they've seen every 6 months or so and are ready for more :)

I think it has to do with overexposure. The more you see, the less you take notice of what you see.

It's pretty convenient for Hollywood.

pibbur who April 25th, 2013 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. A (Post 1061194537)
I am almost the same. I think Superman is ridiculously designed: super fast, super strong, indestructible, has super hearing, can fly and can shoot lasers out of his eyes. His weakness? An element that is not naturally occuring on Earth.

Well, we have Krypton (Kr, atomic number 36). It's one of the noble gases and as such it's very unreactive, although there are a few Krypton compounds. So yes, kryptonite would be very rare. Of course that would apply to the home planet as well.

There are rough points in the story.

pibbur recommends not to breathe the gas.

Toff April 25th, 2013 15:14

I can't get excited about a Superman movie either.

I'll pick the movie up once it gets to Red Box, if I remember.

ToddMcF2002 April 25th, 2013 15:43

I'm in the "it looks awesome" camp as it clearly takes the material seriously and brings this great story to the next generation of kids the way I saw it in the early 80's…


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch