RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Shadowrun Returns - Pre-Purchase Now On Steam (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20230)

Couchpotato May 1st, 2013 04:56

Shadowrun Returns - Pre-Purchase Now On Steam

Steam sends news that Shadowrun Returns is now avaible for pre-purchase. So if you didn't donate with the kickstarter now is your chance to buy.
Quote:

Shadowrun Returns is Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Steam and is 10% off!

Based on the venerable Shadowrun tabletop roleplaying game of the 80s and a spiritual successor to the console games of the 90s, Shadowrun Returns brings back one of our most original & cherished game settings as a single player, turn-based tactical RPG.

The year is 2054 and your old friend Sam has been murdered in Seattle. You’ve been hired to find the killers and bring them to justice, one way or another. Soon you’ll be embroiled in a mystery that expands from missing organs, an antagonistic detective and biker gangs all the way up to the dynastic control of one of the largest Megacorps.

More information.

rjshae May 1st, 2013 04:56

Tempted… but at this point I'll wait for the reviews since it's all digital.

Capt. Huggy Face May 1st, 2013 07:10

You should just buy it. Just look at what a sexy tactical RPG that is right there…

JDR13 May 1st, 2013 09:42

The 1 combat video I've seen was enough to for me to decide that this is an instant buy. I don't see how any crpg fan could pass on this, especially at that price.

HiddenX May 1st, 2013 10:07

Instant buy - like JDR13 said.

HiddenX May 1st, 2013 10:21

Far-Cry 3 - Dagon Blood will be out today, too.

borcanu May 1st, 2013 10:51

I think I preordered on their site .. can't seem to find proof of that. I'll have to wait and see.

joxer May 1st, 2013 11:06

I didn't donate on this one and can't say why - usually I don't support only KS projects that are smartphone ports and this one is not.

EDIT:
Ah, it's a game for tablets ported to PC. I'm not buying.

Gloo May 1st, 2013 11:24

They asked us to give money beforehand to create a game and now they ask again to buy the game before it even reaches the shelves ? Well… who said "instant buy" ?!

GhanBuriGhan May 1st, 2013 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061195689)
The 1 combat video I've seen was enough to for me to decide that this is an instant buy. I don't see how any crpg fan could pass on this, especially at that price.

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm ( I backed this on KS) of course there is always something that can go wrong. It could be an instable mess, the story could suck, it could be 2 hours long, etc.
We already know it has a savepoint system and no real inventory, which for some people could be a real problem.
So there is never, ever anything wrong with waiting for a release and first impressions and reviews :)

ikbenrichard May 1st, 2013 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan (Post 1061195706)
As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm ( I backed this on KS) of course there is always something that can go wrong. It could be an instable mess, the story could suck, it could be 2 hours long, etc.
We already know it has a savepoint system and no real inventory, which for some people could be a real problem.
So there is never, ever anything wrong with waiting for a release and first impressions and reviews :)

I am really tempted to buy this but somehow i agree with you GhanBuriGhan. A voice in my head tells me to wait.

guenthar May 1st, 2013 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061195700)
I didn't donate on this one and can't say why - usually I don't support only KS projects that are smartphone ports and this one is not.

EDIT:
Ah, it's a game for tablets ported to PC. I'm not buying.

I don't understand how this is a game for tablets ported to the PC when they made it for the PC and it sounds like the tablet versions will come after and be more limited then the PC version.

GhanBuriGhan May 1st, 2013 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by guenthar (Post 1061195723)
I don't understand how this is a game for tablets ported to the PC when they made it for the PC and it sounds like the tablet versions will come after and be more limited then the PC version.

Well in the very original pitch they indeed made it sound like Tablets were their lead platform. I guess this changed somewhat later when they realized who their KS supporters were.

porcozaur May 1st, 2013 15:00

got it and its really cheap too

Cacheperl May 1st, 2013 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloo (Post 1061195702)
They asked us to give money beforehand to create a game and now they ask again to buy the game before it even reaches the shelves ?

Uhm… if you actually backed it, you most likely will not have to buy it, because you allready got a copy.

Also, noone forces you to preorder. You can buy it at release, though not with the same discount. You can wait even longer to get it for cheap.

I still think the DRM issues with this project are a joke, but I dont see how preordering is a problem.

joxer May 1st, 2013 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by guenthar (Post 1061195723)
I don't understand how this is a game for tablets

Was written on their Kickstarter page.

Look, if in the meantime they desided to trash the idea of tablets, I'll buy it as it means the game won't be restricted by things impossible to make on tablets. But I didn't see that written anywhere.

GhanBuriGhan May 1st, 2013 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061195736)

Look, if in the meantime they desided to trash the idea of tablets, I'll buy it as it means the game won't be restricted by things impossible to make on tablets. But I didn't see that written anywhere.

I think they still plan to release on tablets joxer, it just isn't the first priority anymore. That was my impression anyway.

Lemonhead May 1st, 2013 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan (Post 1061195706)

Wait, there is no inventory? What the hell?
Check point saves? ugh.

I thought this was insta-buy. Now I don't know.

JDR13 May 1st, 2013 19:50

Considering the fairly short development time and the $20 price, I'm tempted to say that some people seem a bit unreasonable in their expectations. I'm certainly no fan of checkpoint save systems when it comes to RPGs, but we're talking about a game that's 1/3 the cost of a AAA title.

Bedwyr May 1st, 2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061195736)

That certainly is a principled position. It's also absurd a sentiment as anything I've seen written here. My word. It's as if it's garlic to a vampire except the vampire has legitimate reasons for fear. Would a tablet burn your skin if I touched you with it?