RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Non-RPG (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   EA get exlusive deal to make Star Wars games (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20292)

azarhal May 6th, 2013 23:29

EA get exlusive deal to make Star Wars games
 
From Kotaku.

DICE and Visceral are going to make new games (could be awesome really), while BioWare will "continue" to work on Star Wars games.

I wonder if this mean more single player Star Wars RPGs…

JDR13 May 6th, 2013 23:35

It's hard for me to get excited about this. Star Wars and Bioware seemed like a beautiful combination years ago, but Star Wars has lost a lot of its magic for me over the past decade, and Bioware isn't what they used to be.

Menigal May 6th, 2013 23:46

Not a winning combination. I can't see this arrangement producing any games that'll draw me back into Star Wars, but it will probably grab the lowest common denominator market they go for.

GothicGothicness May 7th, 2013 10:14

EA… ok so no more star wars games for me.

txa1265 May 7th, 2013 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1061196682)
It's hard for me to get excited about this. Star Wars and Bioware seemed like a beautiful combination years ago, but Star Wars has lost a lot of its magic for me over the past decade, and Bioware isn't what they used to be.

Same here - I liked the last two prequel movies well enough, and enjoyed a bit of the clone wars cartoons with my kids … but not much else. I will always have a special place for Star Wars … but am not looking forward to anything I can imagine EA doing with the license.

coaster May 7th, 2013 13:43

Endless lightsabre DLC incoming.

DArtagnan May 7th, 2013 18:03

At least I got my hands on the unaltered version of the original trilogy….

Beyond that, there's KotOR and its sequel.

Nothing else exists.

Well, ok - Tie Fighter and X-Wing as well.

Ok, my mistake - Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Outcast as well.

Ehm, and I actually liked SWG in most ways.

However, that's it - except of course for some of SWtOR.

That said, that IS all.

When you remember that the Darth Maul lightsaber fight was pretty cool also.

BUT THAT IS IT.

Star Wars is no more than that. NO MORE.

Though…. that old arcade SW game was fun!

:S

azarhal May 7th, 2013 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061196855)
At least I got my hands on the unaltered version of the original trilogy….

Beyond that, there's KotOR and its sequel.

Nothing else exists.

Well, ok - Tie Fighter and X-Wing as well.

Ok, my mistake - Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Outcast as well.

Ehm, and I actually liked SWG in most ways.

However, that's it - except of course for some of SWtOR.

That said, that IS all.

When you remember that the Darth Maul lightsaber fight was pretty cool also.

BUT THAT IS IT.

Star Wars is no more than that. NO MORE.

Though…. that old arcade SW game was fun!

:S

DArt! You forgot Battlefront…unless you never played it?

txa1265 May 7th, 2013 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061196859)
DArt! You forgot Battlefront…unless you never played it?

Personally I liked Republic Commando more :)

DArtagnan May 7th, 2013 18:55

I believe I've tried both - but none appealed to me all that much…..

One title I did partially forget is Force Unleashed which had some pretty cool things in it - but ultimately wasn't a very good game ;)

Pladio May 7th, 2013 19:56

Battlefront is a fun game to play with a friend :)

DArtagnan May 7th, 2013 20:00

I can vaguely recall playing a SW game called Battlefront - but not much more than that.

Isn't it a bit like the old Battlefield?

Zloth May 8th, 2013 02:57

Though it got terrible reviews, I liked Star Wars: Rebellion a lot.

I don't really expect much out of EA but hey, they're changing CEOs, who knows what will happen. No sense saying I won't buy it before they even announce a game.

Menigal May 8th, 2013 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061196863)
I believe I've tried both - but none appealed to me all that much…..

One title I did partially forget is Force Unleashed which had some pretty cool things in it - but ultimately wasn't a very good game ;)

From what I saw of it, it was like a vastly inferior, and somehow uglier, Jedi Academy with quick time events.

DArtagnan May 8th, 2013 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menigal (Post 1061196959)
From what I saw of it, it was like a vastly inferior, and somehow uglier, Jedi Academy with quick time events.

It certainly wasn't uglier - and I don't think they're THAT similar. It was somewhat unique in how the force powers manipulated the environment. The story in the first one was pretty good as well.

But it was too short and too much kill-kill-kill. Also, the PC port was very, very bad.

Pladio May 8th, 2013 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1061196883)
I can vaguely recall playing a SW game called Battlefront - but not much more than that.

Isn't it a bit like the old Battlefield?

It's a 3rd person shooter. It's quite fun playing the campaign with a friend as it allows for fun games.

DArtagnan May 8th, 2013 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pladio (Post 1061196966)
It's a 3rd person shooter. It's quite fun playing the campaign with a friend as it allows for fun games.

Maybe I should check it out again, then… I KNOW I've played it - but I honestly don't remember anything at all :)

Happens when you've played thousands of games.

GothicGothicness May 8th, 2013 10:15

Don't forget Dark Forces ( One of the best shooters ever! ) + Rebel Assault ( That game was a lot of fun )

DArtagnan May 8th, 2013 10:19

Dark Forces was basically Doom - and I didn't like Doom much. Rebel Assault was my first cd-rom game - but it was shallow as hell!

Hehe - but I guess they both were ok overall.

JDR13 May 8th, 2013 11:15

I never finished Dark Forces despite playing the sequels. I remember trying to play it a few years ago, but the 320x200 resolution killed it for me. That game would be a good candidate for an HD remake.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:18.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch