RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dragon Age 3 - Details Coming at E3 2013 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20310)

Couchpotato May 8th, 2013 03:42

Dragon Age 3 - Details Coming at E3 2013

BioWare has plans to reveal more information about Dragon Age III: Inquisition at the upcoming E3 2013. Think of this as the usual announcement of an announcement nonsense that seems to be all the rage lately.
Quote:

Mike Laidlaw states via Twitter that, "I was unclear! Yes, there will be some DAIII at E3. Not just "stuff." DAIII stuff."
More information.

Zloth May 8th, 2013 03:42

Lately? Heck, they've been doing this for years. McMahon has probably been doing it in Wrestling for longer than that. Hype the hype!!

azarhal May 8th, 2013 04:53

I wouldn't call this an announcement of an announcement. It wasn't done through an official channel, it's just Mike answering a question after making a comment on his personal twitter. People have been stalking/harassing him quite a bit lately over DAIII (and "we" already knew about a Dragon Age trailer being made for E3 too)

By "we" I mean people who have nothing better than to stalk BioWare devs on their personal twitter accounts (or read what they say on the BSN thread on them).

Couchpotato May 8th, 2013 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061196937)
I wouldn't call this an announcement of an announcement. It wasn't done through an official channel, it's just Mike answering a question after making a comment on his personal twitter. People have been stalking/harassing him quite a bit lately over DAIII (and "we" already knew about a Dragon Age trailer being made for E3 too)

By "we" I mean people who have nothing better than to stalk BioWare devs on their personal twitter accounts (or read what they say on the BSN thread on them).

I actually found this news off another news site. Jeez you guys are so picky when it comes to my posts.:blush:

joxer May 8th, 2013 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061196937)
I mean people who have nothing better than to stalk BioWare devs on their personal twitter accounts (or read what they say on the BSN thread on them).

You saying that twitter, facebook, etc aren't ment to be used for stalking/spying?
You're the first one. :)

azarhal May 8th, 2013 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061196972)
You saying that twitter, facebook, etc aren't ment to be used for stalking/spying?
You're the first one. :)

Of course not, stalk away. I do it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061196940)
I actually found this news off another news site. Jeez you guys are so picky when it comes to my posts.:blush:

Don't feel bad Couchpotato, I just wouldn't have call it an announcement of an announcement. Also, I hope it wasn't from the Examiner. The "journalist" there have been slapping DAI on every EA news, even when the subject is actually NFL Madden….

ChaosTheory May 8th, 2013 16:43

As "bad" as DA2 was, it had great characters and other redeeming qualities. I'm looking forward to this being released, then waiting 9 months for all the DLC to come out before buying.

aries100 May 8th, 2013 23:45

It is very important to announce that one is going to be making an announcement about an announcement. It is called, I think, priming?, in PR-speak. Leaving little tidbits of interest, so that people gets interested about the - ehm - announcement…

Irony and a bit of sarcasm aside, I donÝt this announcing about an announcement's announcement, too….

JDR13 May 9th, 2013 04:06

I can still remember a time when I actually got excited about an announcement from Bioware…

Thrasher May 9th, 2013 04:37

If anyone has a spare pass for E3, I'm in town. ;)

dpc76 May 9th, 2013 20:39

I'm thinking that we might see some in-game footage at E3. I know the game was originally slated for a late fall release (probably more likely spring 2014), so we should start seeing some more concrete info on the game soon.

azarhal May 9th, 2013 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpc76 (Post 1061197261)
I'm thinking that we might see some in-game footage at E3. I know the game was originally slated for a late fall release (probably more likely spring 2014), so we should start seeing some more concrete info on the game soon.

Still a 2013 release. It was re-affirmed a few days ago by Mike Laidlaw on Twitter, he even said that a delay will only happen for quality reasons.

Couchpotato May 9th, 2013 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061197280)
Still a 2013 release. It was re-affirmed a few days ago by Mike Laidlaw on Twitter, he even said that a delay will only happen for quality reasons.

There more than likely aiming for a X-mas release with the new consoles.

Dez May 10th, 2013 00:30

I'm sure its going to be AWESOME ;)

Thrasher May 10th, 2013 03:27

The clip that never stops giving. :)