RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Non-RPG (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Gta 5 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21120)

wiretripped July 10th, 2013 12:43

Gta 5
 
Anyone else looking forward to the new GTA?

If so, you need to check out the very first gameplay trailer, released yesterday.
Looks magnificent. :)

sakichop July 10th, 2013 12:59

It looks ok and if it comes to pc I will probably get it but I'm more interested in watch dogs.

joxer July 10th, 2013 13:03

And I'm more interested in magnificence of TW3.

However if GTA5 will include at least one character that would be bizzare like FC3 ones were, I might buy it. If not, well, it ain't a game for me.

DArtagnan July 10th, 2013 13:27

Yup, it sounds really impressive - and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit.

Yme July 10th, 2013 13:40

Havent played my copy of GTA4 yet, need to get that backlog sorted out.

Maylander July 10th, 2013 13:42

I actually like how the different main characters of GTA4 actually met during various questlines, but I'm not sure this "triple hero" thing will work out. Sounds like it could get quite confusing.

Other than that it simply seems bigger and better than the previous games, which is a good thing. I'll give it a go at some point, but I doubt I'll get it before it's released on the PC, which means I will probably have to wait until 2015 or some such thing.

akarthis July 10th, 2013 14:24

I think it's gonna be fun. An instant buy for me.

And, yea, 3 main characters sounds challenging. Hope it works

Carnifex July 10th, 2013 15:36

It looks interesting, but I was never able to get into the GTA IV game because of additional registrations or some such, even though I bought it via Steam. Looked interesting, but if a company requires me registering or something to some silly website, I just request a refund. Hopefully GTA V won't go that route.



-Carn

rossrjensen July 10th, 2013 17:06

Looks awesome! I have enjoyed the entire series, despite never having actually finished any of them (got frustratingly stuck in San Andreas and was awfully close in GTA IV — just didn't have the desire to finish it out). I really wish they would bring Red Dead Redemption to PC.

wiretripped July 10th, 2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnifex (Post 1061206967)
It looks interesting, but I was never able to get into the GTA IV game because of additional registrations or some such, even though I bought it via Steam. Looked interesting, but if a company requires me registering or something to some silly website, I just request a refund. Hopefully GTA V won't go that route.

-Carn

Yes, Windows Live combined with that Rockstar Social Club crap was just… yuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossrjensen (Post 1061206980)
Looks awesome! I have enjoyed the entire series, despite never having actually finished any of them (got frustratingly stuck in San Andreas and was awfully close in GTA IV — just didn't have the desire to finish it out).

I got about halfway in GTA III, finished both Vice City and San Andreas, and kind of got bored with GTA IV 1/3rd through. I consider Vice City the best of the installments I played. That game just oozed with atmosphere.

But, yes, rather excited about the new one. Two more months. :)
If the reviews indicate it lives up to its hype, I am definitely getting myself the X360 version.

DArtagnan July 10th, 2013 19:31

San Andreas was really excellent apart from the setting, which I couldn't really get into.

As I understand it, you're free to pick one of the three dudes in GTA V and focus on him? Do you HAVE to switch between them? I hate having to focus on more than one character.

rossrjensen July 11th, 2013 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiretripped (Post 1061206984)
I got about halfway in GTA III, finished both Vice City and San Andreas, and kind of got bored with GTA IV 1/3rd through. I consider Vice City the best of the installments I played. That game just oozed with atmosphere.

I gotta agree that Vice City had the best atmosphere. I think San Andreas was the best in series, but GTA IV had an incredibly detailed setting that felt pretty alive, so I really enjoyed it for that.

fadedc July 11th, 2013 05:37

Looks very promising. I think San Andreas was my favorite too, but I also liked the atmosphere in Vice City the best. The trailer suggests that the RPG-lite skills from San Andreas are being brought back at least to some degree, which would make me happy.

Dr. A July 11th, 2013 06:48

Bear in mind, folks that the PC version has not been announced yet. The September release date is for consoles. It's highly probable that the PC version will be released 4-6 months later.

I'm hoping its sooner. The game looks amazing!

fadedc July 11th, 2013 06:56

Personally I'd probably get it for the Xbox even if the PC version came out at the same time. I've always played that series on the console and somehow it just wouldn't feel the same on my PC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. A (Post 1061207104)
Bear in mind, folks that the PC version has not been announced yet. The September release date is for consoles. It's highly probable that the PC version will be released 4-6 months later.

I'm hoping its sooner. The game looks amazing!


wiretripped September 17th, 2013 12:41

So, anyone playing it yet? Does it live up to its hype? :)

DArtagnan September 17th, 2013 12:43

So far - yes it does indeed live up to the hype.

But I haven't played it much yet - and I refuse to read reviews until I'm done with it :)

Toff September 17th, 2013 14:46

I've never even looked at these games before but all the hype has gotten me mildly interested. I'll wait a bit to see how you all like it first tho.

sakichop September 17th, 2013 17:43

I'll be waiting for a PC release.

Lemonhead September 17th, 2013 17:59

PC release…please…


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:24.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch