- News Comments
||November 3rd, 2013 16:57
Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar #7
Shroud of the Avatar has another update
with more details about the new Progress Video, Story Sneak Peek, Founder Starter Shield, and Fishing Pole of Prosperity.
In case you missed the video view yesterdays post here.
Six Month Progress Video!
It’s been a little over three months since we released our 3 Month progress video, and we’re excited to share the progress we’ve made since then. We encourage you to set your playback quality to HD, switch to full-screen, and enjoy our six month progress video, narrated by Richard “Lord British” Garriott!
Here is a time index for the main segments of the video:
[NOTE: Our combat system is in very, very, very early stages of development, so please understand that it will continue to evolve as it is developed, tested, redesigned, etc. We will welcome backer feedback once we've released the combat prototype for play-testing and are prepared to keep enhancing the design until it is fun!]
- Cities: (0:00) A tour of the scenic waterfront village of Kingsport and the larger, heavily fortified Owl’s Head (1:08). Shows the exteriors of several player houses and the types of property lots to claim for player’s homes.
- Parade of Homes: (2:32) A look inside the Edelmenn and Viking (2:50) homes, Wizard’s Tower (3:19), Druid House (4:22), Town Tower (5:11), Lord’s House (6:12), and Lord of the Manor Keep (6:52).
- Basements: (8:12) An exploration of the sub-levels available for housing and various sample ways to personalize them.
- Home Decorating: (9:38) A demo of item interaction and home decoration using convenient parent/child object manipulation.
- Conversations: (11:38) A peek into the full sentence conversation system for interacting with NPC’s.
- Crafting: (13:13) Richard explains the phases of crafting and walks through the process of creating some items. (Chicken killing 15:06)
- Adventuring and Combat: (15:20) A brief exploration of a prison, known as The Clink by the locals, showing off dungeon mechanics and a look at some very preliminary combat action (16:33). Some further exploration and preliminary combat in the Old Forest (17:03). Afterward, a look into some natural caverns occupied by kobolds, bears, and glowing fungi (18:42). Finally, a look at the Dragon Field (20:28)
||November 3rd, 2013 16:57
This is the first news piece on this game that actually makes me excited, and my best friend from High School is a developer on it. Felt like I was at the Ren Faire in that first forest area.
||November 3rd, 2013 21:18
Man I still wish they would abandon that auto-attack thing. If the game played more like Gothic (as clunky as it may be) I would be a happy man.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:16.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch