RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Avadon 2 - Review @ Christ Centered Gamer (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22357)

Couchpotato November 8th, 2013 04:40

Avadon 2 - Review @ Christ Centered Gamer
 
A site called Christ Centered Gamer has a new review of Avadon 2 for Mac players.

Quote:

Avadon 2: The Corruption is an entertaining choice for role-playing game enthusiasts. Combined with old-school gameplay and dazzling visuals, the game would be a fantastic addition to any enthusiast's library. If the game is a sign of things to come, Spiderweb will continue to get better with age.

More information.

jpnole November 8th, 2013 04:40

Christ Centered Gamer? WTF is that?

GuybrushWilco November 8th, 2013 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnole (Post 1061225706)
Christ Centered Gamer? WTF is that?

I believe it's a video game site that is by and geared toward Christians.

Couchpotato November 8th, 2013 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnole (Post 1061225706)
Christ Centered Gamer? WTF is that?

A site I never heard of till now. They do exist you know. Yes the site is christian based but who cares. Now I have to say it get back on topic.:)

Capt. Huggy Face November 8th, 2013 07:36

If I yell, "Christ!" a lot while gaming, does that count?

RPGWatchPersonOfTheYear November 8th, 2013 13:19

Quote:

..Combined with old-school gameplay and dazzling visuals, the game would be a fantastic addition to any enthusiast's library. If the game is a sign of things to come, Spiderweb will continue to get better with age.
Dazzling visuals? And the getting better with age bit doesn't sound like a credible review because isn't the pretty much the same as the previous graphics (with some minor changes)?
~Regards

guenthar November 8th, 2013 16:57

Before the graphics were intolerable but now they are barely tolerable so there was enough of a change between the old games and the newer games to not induce vomit for me. I'm waiting for the other remakes of Avernum to come out more then this series though.

PS. I would still say the blurb seems a bit sarcastic though because there is no way I would say any Spiderweb game has anywhere near dazzling graphics.

crpgnut November 8th, 2013 18:03

If Spiderweb's graphics are dazzling, then this site must be Christ-Era gaming :D

Thrasher November 8th, 2013 19:12

Reviewer forgot to mention that his last computer was an IBM XT. ;)

GhanBuriGhan November 9th, 2013 07:58

Blessed be the poor in graphics, for they shall dazzle the kingdom of heaven!

txa1265 November 9th, 2013 23:54

Aren't we all mature here making fun of a site that simply reflects the beliefs of a certain set of people and does reviews based on that viewpoint?

I have known about these guys for several years, can't remember why (think it goes back to GamerDad?). They don't reflect my value system, but I respect that they take a core set of beliefs and shape reviews in a non-alarmist way around that.

If you recall, there were some who wanted Harry Potter books burned and banned due to the magic content (some claimed they would turn kids to witchcraft) … what you get at that site is just a note that the game contains magic. If someone has strong feelings about it, they can avoid the game.

Sacred_Path November 10th, 2013 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face (Post 1061225714)
If I yell, "Christ!" a lot while gaming, does that count?

:lol:


I've definitely shouted worse while playing Spiderweb games tho.

Lucky Day November 10th, 2013 01:26

This sounds like the site where we used to a few reviews from , even going back to the .dot.

I recall Margarette posting one from them and them getting crucified for daring offend the church of gaming by them mentioning there might be something wrong with an aspect of some game. It was the last time we ever posted something from them.

This site has always been pretty good. Its nice to see its still around.

Sacred_Path November 10th, 2013 01:50

Well, they give out a "morality score", which they seem to regard as equal or at least comparable to the actual "game score". There's no reason a site like the Watch should feature something like that. And I'm saying that as someone who likes to keep his faith private. Others might judge this more harshly.

txa1265 November 10th, 2013 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacred_Path (Post 1061225955)
Well, they give out a "morality score", which they seem to regard as equal or at least comparable to the actual "game score". There's no reason a site like the Watch should feature something like that. And I'm saying that as someone who likes to keep his faith private. Others might judge this more harshly.

It is just a review - there are many crap reviews featured that are much worse than this. What is the criteria for acceptable? I mean, it isn't like they HIDE their leaning and focus. And I am speaking as someone with NO interest in 'getting more Jesus' in my game reviews, who thinks there is something perverse of this weird fear of 'magic' in fantasy games, and so on.

Sacred_Path November 10th, 2013 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by txa1265 (Post 1061225957)
It is just a review - there are many crap reviews featured that are much worse than this. What is the criteria for acceptable? I mean, it isn't like they HIDE their leaning and focus. And I am speaking as someone with NO interest in 'getting more Jesus' in my game reviews, who thinks there is something perverse of this weird fear of 'magic' in fantasy games, and so on.

No, the review wasn't bad except for the morality part. I didn't say that, anyway. But they do have a bullet point concerning the 'occult'. Isn't that what you're saying you're not interested in seeing?

txa1265 November 10th, 2013 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacred_Path (Post 1061225980)
No, the review wasn't bad except for the morality part. I didn't say that, anyway. But they do have a bullet point concerning the 'occult'. Isn't that what you're saying you're not interested in seeing?

It is more that it isn't something I would ever seek out in a review … but it is something I can skip over easily.

Honestly, I have many more problems ready reviews where it is clear that the person was 'stuck' reviewing the game - maybe they wanted the X360 Call of Duty but ended up with the DS version, or the latest Hello Kitty game and spend the first paragraph describing that … and somehow we are supposed to find any value in their opinions …

GhanBuriGhan November 10th, 2013 20:03

Hi Txa I don't ming if we post their reviews, and you can like or defend them, feel free. And I can make fun of them, just like I am free to make fun of IGN or EA or D'Artagnan or whoever else I please. ;)

crpgnut November 11th, 2013 15:18

I think we should only poke fun at Vogel :) His graphics are as old as Christ. His beard style is from the days of Christ. Jesus made most of the tile graphics for Jeff, so he feels compelled to still use them.

txa1265 November 11th, 2013 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpgnut (Post 1061226062)
I think we should only poke fun at Vogel :) His graphics are as old as Christ. His beard style is from the days of Christ. Jesus made most of the tile graphics for Jeff, so he feels compelled to still use them.

That is hilarious! Those items should give the game a 'closeness to Christ' tilt!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:45.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch