RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Blood Knights - Now Available on Steam (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22421)

Couchpotato November 14th, 2013 10:33

Blood Knights - Now Available on Steam

Blood Knights is now available on Steam for 15% off till November 20th.

Quote:

About the Game

Combine your vampiric skills with the sharp edge of your blade in this medieval vampire hack‘n‘slay. Battle through hordes of monsters to restore your honor after you, a legendary and feared vampire hunter, have been turned into a vampire yourself!

Deck13 (Venetica, Jack Keane) brings you an action-packed RPG, where you can play solo or co-op: Switch between the close-combat warrior and the crossbow wielding vampiress at any time while in singleplayer; or play co-op with a friend, joining your forces to defeat the onslaught of the evil hordes. Strike down your enemies using devastating close-combat and ranged attacks or whirl your enemies around and suck their blood using your vampiric abilities.

Key Features:
  • Action packed combat, close or ranged, paired with RPG elements
  • Switch between two playable characters with vastly different skills on the fly
  • Whirl your enemies around and suck their blood using your vampiric abilities
  • Play single player or co-op with a friend, joining your forces
  • Interact with the environment using your attract and repel skills
  • Multiple choice dialogues will affect how the world perceives the player
  • Vampire story narrated with atmospheric cut-scenes
  • 160 available weapons and 40 different armour elements

More information.

joxer November 14th, 2013 10:33

Not really interested into coop games, but since it's cheaper than season passes, I'm buying.

SpoonFULL November 14th, 2013 13:08

For a longer single/co-op game, and for few more pounds/dollars/etc. I would recommend Lego Marvel superheroes, and wait for a steam sale for this one.

you November 14th, 2013 13:40

So is this any good and how does it relate to Lego Marvel ?

joxer November 14th, 2013 14:38

Dunno if it's good, can't try it before weekend. Unless I find some time later…
Lego Marvel on my side costs 3 times more than Blood Knights, but it's still cheaper than "season passes" so that's probably the relation.

sakichop November 14th, 2013 17:57

Too arcadey for me.

I like action games but theres a point when it crosses over the arcade like gameplay (street fighter like)that I don't like.

Soulbane November 15th, 2013 14:48

This looks and plays very similar to Castlevania, an action adventure game with very very mild RPG elements. If that's your cup of tea.

you November 15th, 2013 15:03

Steam forum is rather negative; very linear and only 4 !!! hours of play ?

Santos November 15th, 2013 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoonFULL (Post 1061226562)
For a longer single/co-op game, and for few more pounds/dollars/etc. I would recommend Lego Marvel superheroes, and wait for a steam sale for this one.

You didn't find the attempted humor to be too..er..soul killing?

Couchpotato November 15th, 2013 19:38

The game only cost me $10 dollars so I can't complain. It was also a year late as it was stuck in development hell due to the publisher going bankrupt. If you find it on a Steam sale for a few dollars then I'd recommend it.

joxer November 15th, 2013 20:04

Played it for an hour.

1. This is a console crap game that's ported onto PC.
2. This is not RPG, this is a platformer.
3. Camera and movement are so badly designed I can't believe they dare to sell this.
4. Characters and the story hardly drag me into playing it a single second more.
5. It uses checkpoint save system - you can't save anywhere.

1/10

And that 1 is perhaps too much, but since graphics is not that awful as the rest of the game, just can't put 0.
I feel sorry I bought for this crap hoping it's at least a bit fun. Uninstalled.

borcanu November 16th, 2013 12:21

its ok
the dialog is not that bad and the story offers choices now and then. this gives me enough incentive to finish it.. unlike others.
2/5.. depends on the ending ).
oh, and I like the models