RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BioWare - Next Mass Effect Game is Playable (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22750)

aries100 December 21st, 2013 01:37

BioWare - Next Mass Effect Game is Playable

Aaryn Flynn, General Manager, on Bioware, said on Twitter that he had had a

Quote:

Great time playing the next Mass Effect game in Montreal. Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh but recognizable. And fun.

Thanks to Darth Revan91 for this news. You can view the thread about this at the Bioware forums here.

More information.

joxer December 21st, 2013 01:37

Guys I've worked on my job today. The job was ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh, recognizable and fun!

Sadly, I'm not general manager of anything, but you do believe every word I've said, right? It's not 1st of april or something, no reason to pull your noses.

Yea, who am I kidding, my job is rotten and definetly not fun.
I'm not preordering next ME. He can try to PR the hype to someone else.

NFLed December 21st, 2013 02:08

I am preordering the next ME (unless some wildly horrible fact comes out about it) but not because of any PR excitement, but because I have enjoyed every Bioware single-player game to date, especially ME2 and ME3.

There are many news bits on this site and even on regular news sites like cnn which make me wonder who on earth cares about such "news" but I would rather a site err on the side of more information rather than skip too many news bits. That said, I would not become enthusiastic just because a game is in a playable state at the moment. I'm much more interested in release dates.

Hyperion December 21st, 2013 02:24

So, do you get to play as Captain Sheepherder again? What kind of an RPG forces you to play as a character with a stupid name, that you cannot change?

Caddy December 21st, 2013 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperion (Post 1061231764)
So, do you get to play as Captain Sheepherder again? What kind of an RPG forces you to play as a character with a stupid name, that you cannot change?

The Witcher?

Hyperion December 21st, 2013 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 1061231775)
The Witcher?

Ok, if it's a really cool name, like Geralt of Rivia, then I can look over it… but Captain Sheepherder? :rolleyes:

Malkavian December 21st, 2013 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperion (Post 1061231778)
Ok, if it's a really cool name, like Geralt of Rivia, then I can look over it… but Captain Sheepherder? :rolleyes:

They named him Shepard after the first american who travelled into space (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Shepard). This was one of the inspirations for the character.

Also, ME Shepard never was a Captain. :)

khaight December 21st, 2013 08:34

The next Mass Effect game is playable? I guess that's an improvement over the last one…

ChienAboyeur December 21st, 2013 08:40

Quote:

Fresh but recognizable.
Recognizable?Oh, you can see the content and associate it to ME series without being hinted by a label?

What about making a RPG the same way? You know, a game that is RPG not because it has the label RPG on it but because it includes roleplaying.

JDR13 December 21st, 2013 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaight (Post 1061231803)
The next Mass Effect game is playable? I guess that's an improvement over the last one…

Heh… I was going to say something similar. :)

Cutscene - 20 minutes of combat - cutscene - 20 minutes of combat - cutscene…

That was pretty much ME 2&3 in a nutshell. Come to think of it, that's pretty much all modern Bioware games.

Irian December 21st, 2013 11:52

I really liked playing ME (all three of them), but somehow, the ending killed the franchise for me. Perhaps Christmas will kill enough brain cells for me to forget the ending and I can enjoy ME4.

Morrandir December 21st, 2013 12:05

Looking forward to it. I enjoyed the series very much despite its flaws.

rune_74 December 21st, 2013 17:27

I'm interested in seeing this.

ChaosTheory December 21st, 2013 18:05

I will preorder if it's not a prequel, as I maintain that the ME trilogy is probably my greatest game adventure ever.

If it's a prequel (or sidequel) I'll probably hold off and wait for reviews.

Misha December 21st, 2013 20:15

If they are making a prequel, it would be hard for me to buy this game - for the same reason it is hard (for me) to replay nowaday series and enjoy its story. IMHO it would be also an evidence that they screwed the lore so much, that they don't know what to do next with their wretched conlusion of the original saga.
But if reviews were superb I would give it a try with curiosity… Ofc after ME3 I will wait long enough to read/watch reviews other than ign's or gamespot's hype. I don't want to rewrite some conspiracy theories about developers paying them for reviews, in fact I want to say sth worse: I think that their love to all sorts of cliches, acceptance for intellectual marasmus, ingorance for the narrative bullshit and plotholes which are so devastating for RPGs …ufff… is one of the reasons developers are not pushing the level of storytelling, plot, ideas of their games higher and higher - instead: lowering it. It is a small exaggeration but i think there is a truth in it.

mercy December 22nd, 2013 19:39

I wouldn't object if the sex-scenes were a bit more erotic like an intense romantic Hollywood movie. Emphasis not on naked body-parts, but on funny situations, not entirely serious encounters, lots of playful creative dialogue, sometimes with erotic overtones. Arcs leading to lascivious scenes without showing much skin, but a lot more emotions instead and professionally designed sexy clothes hiding more than they are showing.

Witty characters, really good looking girls ==> who can appear in new costumes and uplifting romance with wild turns, sort of a very enjoyable soap-opera in space that makes us fall in love with the characters.

Doesn't need to take itself too seriously. The best Asari girl I saw in a Citadel shop for example, awesome sexy model with an angelic voice and compared to her Liara was ridiculously unattractive (voice and looks).