RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Neverwinter - Nvidia Tech Video (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22771)

Couchpotato December 23rd, 2013 06:33

Neverwinter - Nvidia Tech Video

Nvidia has a new advertisement video showing how TXAA Anti-Aliasing works in the F2P MMO Neverwinter. Feel free to skip though as I know many of you hate MMO's.

Quote:

Jagged edges and temporal aliasing in Cryptic Studios' Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter are now a thing of the past thanks to NVIDIA's advanced, GeForce GTX-exclusive TXAA Anti-Aliasing technique.

More information.

rjshae December 23rd, 2013 06:33

Sounds interesting. I wonder if this will get rid of moiré patterns? I still see them in Skyrim.

azarhal December 23rd, 2013 14:32

With the crappy compression of the youtube video, I'm not sure I see any improvements with the feature enabled.

joxer December 23rd, 2013 14:37

Quote:

Feel free to skip though as I know many of you hate MMO's
It's not about MMOs, it's about pay2win PWE/Cryptic business with "get a freebie" spam-o-rama e-mail newsletter.
What to say, it looks good, it's looks interesting, it looks worth trying, but in it's core, we're talking about yet another milking fraud. And it's so obvious that if you really want to get conned, I suggest buying thousands of phonegames crap instead.

vurt December 23rd, 2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjshae (Post 1061231981)
Sounds interesting. I wonder if this will get rid of moiré patterns? I still see them in Skyrim.

Yes, what's up with those? It's terrible, almost game breaking bad, wasnt there before.

ToddMcF2002 December 23rd, 2013 16:49

Damn Joxer. With such a cynical view of life how do you get through the day?

Zloth December 24th, 2013 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061232036)
With the crappy compression of the youtube video, I'm not sure I see any improvements with the feature enabled.

I couldn't see it until I cranked it up to full screen and 1080p.

The thing about the TXAA I've seen is that it blurs everything, including text. That's not a good thing in an MMO.

Damian December 24th, 2013 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxer (Post 1061232039)
It's not about MMOs, it's about pay2win PWE/Cryptic business with "get a freebie" spam-o-rama e-mail newsletter.
What to say, it looks good, it's looks interesting, it looks worth trying, but in it's core, we're talking about yet another milking fraud. And it's so obvious that if you really want to get conned, I suggest buying thousands of phonegames crap instead.

I am playing with friends it doesnt seem that way to me. :/

rjshae December 24th, 2013 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 1061232036)

Yeah, I couldn't see any difference.

JemyM December 25th, 2013 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couchpotato (Post 1061231980)
Nvidia has a new advertisement video showing how TXAA Anti-Aliasing works in the F2P MMO Neverwinter. Feel free to skip though as I know many of you hate MMO's.

More information.

But the problem isn't that it's an MMO. The problem is that they do not have TXAA and cannot play it the way it's meant to be played.

CrazyIrish December 25th, 2013 04:12

Doesn't look any better than the normal anti-aliasing to me. The tech page says performance is similar to 4x with quality like 8x. I hadn't messed with any anti-aliasing settings in awhile as the framerate hit was always too high compared to the visual improvement. Went into the control panel and cranked it to max. 32xCSAA in Skyrim looks amazing! I'm cCurious how it will affect the performance of a newer title.

Daroou December 25th, 2013 16:00

I saw a big difference in the wooden bridge shot, but it was visible in a couple others too. The flickering pattern goes away.