- News Comments
||July 26th, 2007 13:43
Avencast - Trailer & Press Release
Lighthouse and Clockstone have released a trailer for their upcoming action/RPG Avencast: Rise of the Mage
- here is the accompanying press release, which contains the link:
Haarlem, The Netherlands – July 25, 2007 – Leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive today released a teaser for its fantasy-based Action RPG game AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage. Scheduled to release in October 2007 on the PC, this new RPG successfully combines fast-paced and dynamic combat elements with a solid RPG foundation to create a compelling story-driven gaming experience. AVENCAST will also be Windows® Vista™ compatible.
The teaser features nightmarish enemies in tense combat situations as the hero unleashes vicious melee and spell casting attacks. However, AVENCAST is not only about combat. There are strong adventure elements involving a multitude of dangerous quests, exploration of vast environments to unearth powerful relics, puzzle solving, and interaction with various non-playing characters (NPCs) to advance the engaging story.
As the sun rises over Avencast, the renowned academy of magic; a young adept begins his perilous journey. In a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery, you must undertake some of the most diverse quests to hone your abilities in spell casting, weaponry and melee combat. Your martial skills are soon put to the test as demonic monsters of unknown ancient origin descend upon Avencast turning the academy into a horrific state of chaos and destruction.
Armed with over 50 combat moves and spells, and a vast arsenal of equipment items, you must uncover the source of these ominous happenings while vanquishing an onslaught of fiendish enemies. Treachery and deceit reveal themselves as the vicious army of adversaries beleaguers your frail haven threatening Avencast’s very existence. Amidst the mayhem, an astonishing truth unfolds which will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage is accessible to novice RPG game players, but it will also challenge core RPG and Action fans. Both combat and non-combat interactions create a perfect balance between brains and brawn. By requiring players to bring their own combat and strategic skills to the forefront, they will have the excitement of crafting a powerful character unleashing their hero’s potential.
• Cast Lethal Spells from Different Skill Trees – Surrounded by vicious foes, unleash a mighty soul magic spell. The pure agglomeration of energy alone produces a warp in the surrounding atmosphere before the catastrophic nova demolishes your enemies. Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control) – both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat.
• Perilous Quests – While brawn and agility will win most battles, acumen and strategic thinking are necessary to survive challenging quests.
• Fluid Combat System – Chain together spells and easily execute lethal attacks using an innovative system that favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. Unleash your hero’s potential as you bring your own player skills to each intense battle.
• Strong Player Personification & Character Development - Acquire new equipment, armor, weapons and spell casting skills to craft a powerful character.
• Over 30 Nightmarish Monsters with Advanced AI – Each with versatile combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves dependant upon the player’s behavior and attack strategy.
• State-of-the-art 3D Engine – Stunning graphics enhanced with advanced visual effects make for an impressive display of devastating spell casting.
• Many Hours of Exciting Gameplay – Set in diverse worlds with both indoor and outdoor environments to explore.
• Attractive to a Broad Range of Players – An Action RPG at its core, but dynamic gameplay and adventure-like quests make AVENCAST attractive to a broad range of game players.
To download the teaser, visit:
To find out more about AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage and to keep up with the latest news on the game, visit www.lighthouse-interactive.com and www.avencast.com.
||July 26th, 2007 13:43
Looks like an interesting game, I hope that the stuff they show and talk about really makes it stand out from the crowd.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:14.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch