RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls & Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What do you think of Original Sin on Early Access? (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23683)

Myrthos March 10th, 2014 23:10

What do you think of Original Sin on Early Access?

We are in desperate need of a new poll. Let's kick this of with a poll on Larian Studios' decision to get on Early Access. Will you play that version?

HiddenX March 10th, 2014 23:35

I played the first city - first early access release - nothing more.

xep624 March 11th, 2014 00:03

Early Access is not for everyone - I hate the issue with saved games being not compatible with every update… I enjoyed a few minutes with Wasteland 2, but I prefer o wait a few months for the full game to be released and then the fun can begin.

Alrik Fassbauer March 11th, 2014 00:46

Hard choice. Since I hate being spoiled, I voted to "no, only on release". I'm still not 100 % sure, though.

sakichop March 11th, 2014 00:48

I won't play until they implement the dialogue AI so I don't have to answer for both characters. Have they?

borcanu March 11th, 2014 00:57

come on.. heavy scripted games only ruin your experience in early access. (unless your a Dev Tester and every input you make is considered by the designer

gandalf.nho March 11th, 2014 01:15

Played only a bit until now, don't want to spoil much until the final version

Zloth March 11th, 2014 01:50

I might dink around with it in the next month. Just playing the first hour to get a feel for things shouldn't spoil anything.

you March 11th, 2014 01:59

I think there should have been two yes options: yes, I supported kickstart and yes, purchased it via steam….. since all supporters were given early access…

RampantCoyote March 11th, 2014 02:06

I've got it ($50 backer - so now you guys know what I did with that money from FK sales…), but I haven't played it yet. I may wait until full release, or I may not. Still have M&M X and Banner Saga to get through.

azarhal March 11th, 2014 02:32

I played the "intro" (aka getting to the first city) a few times, like once after a new patch hit just to see how the game is evolving.

I haven't spoiled myself more than that though.

crpgnut March 11th, 2014 03:31

I said yes, but I might have played 2 hours over a period of 3 sessions. Just a taste to whet my appetite.

Aubrielle March 11th, 2014 03:59

I was a backer, and of course I couldn't resist being given access. It almost wasn't even worth playing at first, but now…it's getting really polished and really fun. I have to keep telling myself not to play it too much, though…nothing I do in it will matter till release because of the save thing…

Terry March 11th, 2014 04:26

Here is another entry for the pole.

I play around in the starting area to get a feel for the game but don't go any farther so as not to spoil the story.

I am itching to play but I have ruined the experience of too many games doing that, before they are finished or patched to work well. I don't want that for D-OS.

But damn damn damn it looks like it will be ready right in time for my seeding season to start. Oh well by the time I can get in to it next fall it will be well patched and tweaked to be an even better game.

Arkadia7 March 11th, 2014 10:05

Not on release either. I usually wait 6 months or longer before playing a new game, to wait for patches. And sometimes I don't play a game until it has been years after it was new. I already kick-started this one, so will get a copy when its done, but don't have a computer suitably powerful or modern to play it on, so will be waiting to play it anyway until near the end of the year or so.

Anyway, long story short, I chose "No, only on release" because it was the closest to my answer, even if technically its not my true answer.

titus March 11th, 2014 11:03

I bought the pre-release from steam.
I already played a lot of hours.
I never got too far in to the story except for one time the progress went good.
I just started over with other classes. That is the main reason I keep replaying it:
gettign to get to know the different paths a bit and the working of the systems, so when it comes out, I can really start and plunge me in the game with knowledge of what I am doing and how I am developing my chars.

Yme March 11th, 2014 13:03

I played it for a little less than an hour I think, just cause I was curious. Now I'm waiting for the full release =)

basharran March 11th, 2014 14:39

Got access but decided to not play it before release. Normally I try to get into every beta/whatsoever so this is a first time for me :blush:

Nameless one March 11th, 2014 14:42

I avoid early access in general especially when it comes to story driven games, but I can't wait to play it once it's finished.

hiciacit March 11th, 2014 21:10

Only on release. Too little time to be someone's beta tester.