- News Comments
||March 13th, 2014 19:36
Darkest Dungeon - Update # 14, Final 36 Hours
Darkest Dungeon is entering the final hours
of its kickstarter, and Red Hook Studios has another update to go along with it. If you haven't baked the game now is your chance.
The End Times (of this Kickstarter) Are Upon Us!
Chris, Kelvin, Keir and I cannot believe that there are only 1.5 days left. Its has been an incredible ride, and we'll write more about that tomorrow.
But today's order of business is:
New Stretch Goals!
We've been so fortunate to have your support to make Darkest Dungeon funded this well so far!
Although our most distant stretch goals ($400k+) look to be impossible at this point, we have been putting our heads together around the Red Hook office and having intense discussions about how we can deliver the best game possible to all of you. We've also listened a lot to your comments about the upcoming exciting stretch goals, especially concerning Cinematics (told in the style of our "Terror and Madness" and "House of Ruin" trailers) and Steam Workshop support (to allow mod creation!), for which there is a ton of support all around.
In talking and planning, we explored how both of those key stretch goals actually require different personnel and can be done in parallel. We also talked a lot about how much we, ourselves, want them both in the game. Given how well the campaign has done, we believe that if we hit that $350k Cinematics goal, we can find a way to do BOTH.
So, here are two Stretch Goal changes that we hope you'll be as excited about as we are:
What You Can Do to Help
- $285k mini-goal: The Ancestor's Items - 6 rare and powerful trinkets dropped from the expedition of your Ancestor in which he uncovered the Darkest Dungeon, to his eventual demise. You can find these powerful and mysterious items while adventuring.
- $350k MEGA-GOAL: Steam Workshop support has been reduced from $400k and has been added to the $350k Cinematics goal, creating a monstrous, lumbering MEGAGOAL- ZOMG! Why choose chocolate or peanut butter when you can have both?!
First of all, just by backing, you have done an amazing amount and we thank you! No further action required, of course!
But if you love that MEGAGOAL as much as we do, then consider spreading the word about Darkest Dungeon in these final hours on your favorite websites, forums, and social networks.
You can remind people that there are several huge benefits to backing:
Thank you for all that you do!
- Get rewards that you won't be able to get when the game releases
- Become part of ongoing backer polls and see concept art and game ideas throughout development (WANDERER $20 tier and higher)
- Even if you just get the basic game (NOMAD $15), you're getting it for a discount over expected retail price.
- Your support as backers is not only enabling Darkest Dungeon to get made--it is making the game BETTER. You have a very real effect on this game.
||March 13th, 2014 19:36
They are getting a nice spike in the last 24 hours. Will hit the 300k and may hit the new 350K which looks very nice. Good luck.
||March 13th, 2014 20:56
Yeah, I decided to do my little bit and threw in a bit more. Those trailers/cinematics they make sure look very nice, and could only enhance the game's atmosphere…
(and I am sure additional funds will only help with overall quality and polish and so on and so forth :) )
||March 13th, 2014 22:38
Nice to see some new stretch goals, think they should have added those a bit earlier as the campaign got a bit disconnected. Anyway, this one has some great ideas, just hope they can turn them into a cool game. So… stick down some cash! if you haven't done so already.
||March 13th, 2014 23:43
Well the 300k are history :)
I'll be damned. That 350k somehow seem within the realm of the possible with paypal! o_o
(At least it should be a closer thing that I originally thought…)
Edit: Didn't sustain the picked up rate as much as I was hoping in the end. Still 310k+ (with a couple of hours to go) minus paypal is none too shabby…
Hope we get a good game out of it :)
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:42.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch