RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nethergate - Windows Version Released (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2416)

Dhruin August 10th, 2007 12:56

Nethergate - Windows Version Released

Spiderweb has released Nethergate: Resurrection for Windows and, as usual, there is a large demo to try out. Here's the blurb from the official site as a refresher:
Quote:

At last, Spiderweb Software's classic adventure of treachery and battle in ancient times has returned! Travel back to ancient Britannia for a tale of cunning foes, vicious battles, and a race to rediscover the lost secrets of magic.
Nethergate: Resurrection is a huge, exciting, fantasy role-playing game, that features:
  • Two different sides, the powerful Romans and the savage and cunning Celts. Each side has a completely different full-length adventure.
  • Enormous game world, with dozens of dungeons and many characters and quests.
  • Fascinating storyline. Fight for freedom, or further the glory of the Empire.
  • Lost secrets of magic! Dozens of spells and hundreds of hidden magical artifacts.
  • Innovative story and unique setting. Unlike any fantasy game you've ever played.

I had great fun with the beta, so do check it out if you like Spiderweb or indie CRPGs.

More information.

txa1265 August 10th, 2007 12:56

I loved the Mac version and very much enjoyed getting in on the beta … this was my 'most quiet' beta of one of Jeff's things yet - I never had a single problem.

Dhruin August 10th, 2007 13:56

Oddly enough, the Windows beta was the bumpiest I've done! Anyway, great game. It's a pity the backwards technology step will scare off some potential players but it really is fun when you get over it and get going.

txa1265 August 10th, 2007 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruin (Post 39736)
Oddly enough, the Windows beta was the bumpiest I've done! Anyway, great game. It's a pity the backwards technology step will scare off some potential players but it really is fun when you get over it and get going.

I came in a bit later and as usual couldn't transfer my saves from the Mac and had to start again. That did help with the 'tech bump' issues I experienced as well but more to the point slowed me down so everything was being fixed before I got to the issues!

narpet August 10th, 2007 16:09

I'm excited about this one… I never played the original so it will be a new experience for me. I love Jeff's games… so I'm sure I will enjoy this one. I'll get it just as soon as I get off work today ;)

Now I have to finish Omega Syndrome so I can play Nethergate…

GhanBuriGhan August 10th, 2007 17:03

I like the settin g in this one, and since I haven't played any of his games, the technology doesn't scare me any more than in all his games. I am gonna give this one a try.

Unregistere August 11th, 2007 02:09

Glad to see it emerge from abandonware

I'm glad to see this 1996 game finally come to the PC after… Oh, wait… Nevermind.

Dhruin August 11th, 2007 05:01

I'm not sure I completely understand.

Irony because it's a "new" game that looks like something from 1996? If, so - *shrug*. Some people are lovin' Oblivion - good on them. A small group of players like the classic RPG experience Spiderweb provides - and we can't really find it elsewhere - so we enjoy Nethergate etc. And some players want classic RPGs and demand newer technology - sucks to be them, because it isn't going to happen very often.

Alrik Fassbauer August 11th, 2007 11:21

The "fun aspect" is everything that counts for me.

Regardless of how it looks like or what it in general is - as long as it is fun (and I must stress that this is a very personal opinion to anyone), I'm going o buy it.

mytgroo August 11th, 2007 16:10

I really enjoyed this game. It is simple and fun. The controls are easy to use and the game is well designed.