RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Witcher - Post-Release Interview - Demos, SDK, Free Module… (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3162)

Dhruin November 9th, 2007 00:15

The Witcher - Post-Release Interview - Demos, SDK, Free Module…
 
CD Projekt's Michal Kicinski has been interviewed internally about the release of The Witcher and their future plans, with the article posted at the official Witcher site. Michal discusses the reception, shortcomings, a demo and their plans for the SDK:
Quote:

We will be very active in developing updates for The Witcher. The game will have very strong and long-lasting support from our team, which means that we will release patches as long as there will be nothing left to improve.
Going back to the question: we are planning to release a toolset and demo soon. And what is even more important is that along with a toolset, or soon after its release, we will provide players with new adventures, developed using the toolset. For now we are already working on one adventure that will be free for all registered users of the game. I think and hope that our post-release support will help The Witcher become even more popular for a longer period of time.
Note that the site was outrageously slow for me at the time of writing.
More information.

magerette November 9th, 2007 00:15

Good news about the demo; I know a lot of people have asked for one. It's pretty cool that they're already talking about adding free additional content over and above patches for their registered users. Slight contrast to some other recent releases…

Lucky Day November 9th, 2007 01:15

Ok, so suddenly I'm slightly interested in this with talk of an SDK. I'd sure like to hear more details about that. The NWN2 toolset I've had difficulty working with.

I assume the Witcher does not have a multiplayer option? Since its built on the NWN engine I wonder if this could be modified and if a standalone server is an option.

JDR13 November 9th, 2007 03:19

Quote:

which means that we will release patches as long as there will be nothing left to improve.
I assume that's a typo since it doesn't make any sense, in English anyways.

magerette November 9th, 2007 03:29

I think he means "as long as there is something that needs to be improved." That would make a bit more sense.( He still speaks English better than I speak Polish. )

skavenhorde November 9th, 2007 06:07

I'm extremely happy with the continued support of the game and the toolset. Don't really care about the demo since my copy should be here today :):):):):) but I like this guys attitude concerning patching and supporting his product.

Crolug November 9th, 2007 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by magerette (Post 52980)
I think he means "as long as there is something that needs to be improved." That would make a bit more sense.( He still speaks English better than I speak Polish. )

No, no, no :). The interview was in Polish and later translated, rather roughly, into English. The key is the phrase "as long" here. In English you use it in a way Margerette showed, in Polish, of course, quite opposite, just like in the translation. Same goes for example with "I don't have anything", which in Polish looks like "I don't have nothing", and the phrase "Yes I don't" which could be used as a word joke here, in Poland is absolutely acceptable and not funny of course either :).

VPeric November 9th, 2007 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crolug (Post 53012)
Same goes for example with "I don't have anything", which in Polish looks like "I don't have nothing", and the phrase "Yes I don't" which could be used as a word joke here, in Poland is absolutely acceptable and not funny of course either :).

Same for any Slavic language, really.

Crolug November 9th, 2007 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPeric (Post 53017)
Same for any Slavic language, really.

Yeap :) We rock, don't we? ;)

JDR13 November 9th, 2007 10:37

Can't wait to play the demo. I had planned on buying The Witcher anyways based on all the great reviews it has received, but it will still be nice to try it out first.

Dhruin November 9th, 2007 11:03

I hope for you the demo is Chapter 2 and not the Prologue, which is a bit dull.

indigo November 9th, 2007 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day (Post 52963)
I assume the Witcher does not have a multiplayer option? Since its built on the NWN engine I wonder if this could be modified and if a standalone server is an option.

Multiplayer?In Witcher? I dont have any idea where would one put it - there is no free roaming, no team, this is not some dumb hack'n'slash… Please explain me how you imagine multi in that game?? IMHO trend to multiplayer everything is damn stupid :-/

vanedor November 9th, 2007 14:46

If they add in an editor… I guess it might be possible to make multi-player oriented modules if mp was included too. *shrug* I doubt it but who knows.

indigo November 9th, 2007 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanedor (Post 53046)
If they add in an editor… I guess it might be possible to make multi-player oriented modules if mp was included too. *shrug* I doubt it but who knows.

In game like that - strongly story-oriented - including mp would need to reorganize whole story. I agree, maybe if editor had such functions some very talented modder could change the whole game (the plot, mechanics) for multiplayer experience… But, again, why force mp in game that is utterly sp - you have dozens of good mp games out there!

Instead of that, I would rather suggest that devs or modders improve some aspects of game: inventory (auto sort, size, better items stacking,new items highlighting), _loading times_ (this hopefully will be fixed in next patch), correct sun/moon position, sword autohiding, accidental attacking neutral characters. It also would be nice to see more models - every old woman looks the same for example, there are also too few models of inhabitants, guards etc. - it is really eye hurting :/

nessosin November 9th, 2007 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo (Post 53048)
In game like that - strongly story-oriented - including mp would need to reorganize whole story. I agree, maybe if editor had such functions some very talented modder could change the whole game (the plot, mechanics) for multiplayer experience… But, again, why force mp in game that is utterly sp - you have dozens of good mp games out there!

I am suprised that you do not see a reason for including mp in a game like The Witcher. In game which is built from Aurora engine. For many users who liked NWN multiplayer experience it would be a real treat (and a reason to buy the game) if The Witcher would offer the same. I see your point in stating that the game is exclusively SP, but it doesnt have to mean that there should be no MP.

screeg November 9th, 2007 16:16

Talk of post-game support is great, but anyone surfing their forums will notice there is zero response from moderators or developers to player concerns. I emailed Atari 5 days ago myself and got nothing but the auto-reply.

I'm hoping they're working so feverishly on the next patch that they can't spare a few minutes to address… well, anything.

KazikluBey November 9th, 2007 16:41

Did you browse the Atari forums, or what? CDP isn't very active in the international official forums but I have seen several posts by developers there, and elsewhere.

Incidentally Atari has nothing to do with the patches, AFAIK.

Crolug November 9th, 2007 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by screeg (Post 53058)
Talk of post-game support is great, but anyone surfing their forums will notice there is zero response from moderators or developers to player concerns. I emailed Atari 5 days ago myself and got nothing but the auto-reply.
I'm hoping they're working so feverishly on the next patch that they can't spare a few minutes to address… well, anything.

I suggest to write directly to pomoc@cdprojekt.com and describe your problems with crashes, if you have any. I wrote there and they were VERY helpful and practically solved my problem with Vista crashes I was experiencing. As for concerns, the fact the board is lacking CDP responses doesn't automatically mean they're not reading. I can assure you they do and work hard to solve them in nearest patches. Finding solution process isn't an easy task itself, plus all game has to be tested again, which in the case of The Witcher means a lot of workhours and human resources involved.

indigo November 9th, 2007 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by screeg (Post 53058)
Talk of post-game support is great, but anyone surfing their forums will notice there is zero response from moderators or developers to player concerns. I emailed Atari 5 days ago myself and got nothing but the auto-reply.

Not quite true about that zero response. On rpgcodex forum yarpen from CDP posted 4 or 5 times. Take a look: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20967

screeg November 9th, 2007 18:39

I'm talking about the Witcher official International Forum. I don't read the Polish forum because I don't speak Polish. It's great that they're posting on RPGCodex… I guess. There are quite a few people on their own forums who would like to hear from them however.

I'll send CDProjekt a direct email as suggested, thanks.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:24.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch