RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   KotOR 3 - Concept Art Rumors (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4020)

magerette March 2nd, 2008 00:07

KotOR 3 - Concept Art Rumors

GamesRadar has posted a tidbit on the possiblity of some artwork for KotOR 3 surfacing on the webpage of LucasArts concept artist James Zhang. While there's no indication these images are confirmed for any version of the series, fans may want to check them out anyway. Here's the link to the pics, and this is from the article itself:
Quote:

A batch of images rumoured to be for Knights of the Old Republic III has popped up on JZConcepts.com, website of LucasArts' concept artist, James Zhang. Question is, are the images from his pitch for the project or the real thing?
We'll probably never know if the images are from KOTOR III, unless LucasArts puts us all out of our misery and confirms the title's development.
More information.

Morbus March 2nd, 2008 00:07

Let me guess: KotOR 3 will go all dark and dark moral and moral challenge and stuff, when in reality it's really just going to be cheesy pseudo-dark with binary choices between stupid evil and not-so-evil-kinda-did-the-best-I-could.

Just a guess though :p I wouldn't be surprised at all if I turned out to be right.

Bah, as soon as we start getting pompous trailers with flashes of action scenes and space ships with a chorus of loud epikzorz trumpets backgrounding the whole thing, we should know something right? ;)

Gallifrey March 2nd, 2008 00:13

Some of those images are dated 2004. I doubt very much they are KOTOR 3 pieces.

Holly Avenger March 2nd, 2008 00:17

It's my understanding these are from a KotOR 3 that was long ago abandoned. Old news indeed, even if this art has only recently surfaced.

magerette March 2nd, 2008 07:29

Yep, the article looks like its a gravedigging sort of piece to stir up a little discussion. I would think any kind of current concept art for KotOR 3 would be covered under some sort of NDA.

Just thought the pics were kind of interesting in themselves.

Holly Avenger March 2nd, 2008 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by magerette (Post 69959)
Just thought the pics were kind of interesting in themselves.

Oh, they definitely were… and a sad reminder of what might have been.

Alrik Fassbauer March 3rd, 2008 11:52

That reminds me of the terrible fact that I can't draw as good as those designers can, although I really, really would like to.

Who cares about my stories ? No-one.

Sorry bout that flush of melancholy.

In the Age of Visuals, the Graphics Artist is King.

Who needs Writers ?

Action-Games most certainly don't.

Ionstormsucks March 4th, 2008 10:16

Oh, I'm sure there will be a Kotor 3 at some point in the future… of course it will be an exclusive PS3 title ^^

Alrik Fassbauer May 23rd, 2008 23:28

Who knows ?

TFU is for consoles only, so I wouldn't be sursprised …