RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Eschalon: Book 1 - French Language Review @ L'Ombre du Z (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4027)

magerette March 2nd, 2008 20:04

Eschalon: Book 1 - French Language Review @ L'Ombre du Z

Basilisk Games has posted a link to this French review of Eschalon: Book 1 and for those who speak that language it looks like it's well worth a read. I can just about translate the title with my shooldays' French, ("Of Goblins and Men,") but I think its safe to say its positive, with the final score four Z's, which apparently equates in English to : "Come Get Some! "
More information.

The Wanderer March 2nd, 2008 20:04

Hi Mage.

Just read it.
It doesn't say anything that hasn't been said before here.
It's the same basic thing : This game rocks!

magerette March 2nd, 2008 20:07

Thanks, Horned One. I could kind of read bits of it—got that he brought up the fact that gameplay>graphics and so forth. I thought the site itself was kind of fun.

Nice to see the game is getting play in other parts of the world beside NA, too.

VPeric March 2nd, 2008 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by magerette (Post 70016)
Nice to see the game is getting play in other parts of the world beside NA, too.

Eschalon: Book 1 review in Serbian, by a certain RPG player you might've seen on some forums. :P

Yes, it's a shameless plug, but the opportunity was just too good to pass!

magerette March 2nd, 2008 21:06

Very nice—wish I could read it. ;) This game deserves all the publicity it can get.

Brother None March 2nd, 2008 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by magerette (Post 70016)

It's my personal conviction the market for these type of indie RPGs is much better in Europe than in NA. And not just because the dollar is monopoly money now and you can buy these games dirt cheap, but because the European mindset is different than the American one, which is in turn different from the Japanese/Korean one, when it comes to RPGs and PC gaming.

I mentioned this to VDweller and he agreed, the reaction from Europe has been much more positive and more actively interested than the NA one (which is also significant), see here. It's sometimes hard to separate because a lot of Europeans tend to stick to English-language websites and don't care for local sites much, but it's still there, and it's significant.

Geist March 3rd, 2008 05:24

Just out of curiosity, is RPGWatch still planning on posting a review of Eschalon, or has that been dropped?

Alrik Fassbauer March 3rd, 2008 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother None (Post 70033)
It's my personal conviction the market for these type of indie RPGs is much better in Europe than in NA. And not just because the dollar is monopoly money now and you can buy these games dirt cheap, but because the European mindset is different than the American one, which is in turn different from the Japanese/Korean one, when it comes to RPGs and PC gaming.

I mentioned this to VDweller and he agreed, the reaction from Europe has been much more positive and more actively interested than the NA one (which is also significant), see here. It's sometimes hard to separate because a lot of Europeans tend to stick to English-language websites and don't care for local sites much, but it's still there, and it's significant.

Personally, I very much agree. Especially that thing about the "mind set".