RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Space Siege - Cinematic Trailer (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4489)

Dhruin May 11th, 2008 15:24

Space Siege - Cinematic Trailer

GameTrailers has a cinematic trailer for Gas Powered Games' Space Siege with a little bit of gameplay footage for good measure.
More information.

r3dshift May 11th, 2008 15:24

Now this is shallow; just like some second-rate action flick. Next!

Remus May 11th, 2008 16:00

No surprise here, it is Dungeon Siege in space. Maybe it's like Mass Effect but with story and role-playing elements removed.

bob May 12th, 2008 01:20

This looks like crap

This isnt even worth pirating

GhanBuriGhan May 12th, 2008 10:35

This is the one button game, right? The combat (especially animations) looks remarkably clunky on that video.

DarNoor May 12th, 2008 13:04

There is nothing about that trailer that makes me want to buy this game. In fact, it makes me want to stay as far away from it as possible.

MudsAnimalFriend May 12th, 2008 14:24

One button? You mean Space Siege requires actual user interaction to play?! Sounds like they've increased the complexity of the series since Dungeon Siege then. Gas Powered Games should take care not to alienate their fan base with too many extra layers of functionality; they should stick to their winning insert-the-disc-then-sit-back-and-watch formula.

Alrik Fassbauer May 12th, 2008 16:39

Sounds like a screensaver instead … ;)

Unregistered May 13th, 2008 00:35

Look pretty cool. Can't wait for this one

Squeek May 13th, 2008 01:15

It's always good to see developers visiting this site.

Turjan May 13th, 2008 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 79465)
It's always good to see developers visiting this site.

Heh.

Although, in my life, I found that you will find a fan for everything.

Alrik Fassbauer May 13th, 2008 11:53

Yes, that's absolutely true.

Rendelius May 13th, 2008 16:28

This will be Lame of the year.

doctor_kaz May 13th, 2008 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudsAnimalFriend (Post 79415)
One button? You mean Space Siege requires actual user interaction to play?! Sounds like they've increased the complexity of the series since Dungeon Siege then. Gas Powered Games should take care not to alienate their fan base with too many extra layers of functionality; they should stick to their winning insert-the-disc-then-sit-back-and-watch formula.

Don't worry they have done away with inventory and, if anything, the game is even more simplfied than Dungeon Siege.

This game will be a commercial flop and then they'll blame it on piracy.

zakhal May 13th, 2008 16:58

I bet it will sell a million and more if its ported to consoles too.

doctor_kaz May 13th, 2008 17:02

It has already been announced for consoles. That's why they have to dumb it down so much.

I don't think that this game will sell on consoles either. It's not getting any hype and hype is what sells on consoles.

zakhal May 13th, 2008 17:09

Even poor-to-average games seem to sell on consoles. They even make sequels (i.e just cause 2 was announced today) for them so the sales must be good.

As for hype just cause is good example. Crappy all-platform game from 2006 I have never heard of. Still (thanks to consoles?) it sold so well they are making a sequel.

doctor_kaz May 13th, 2008 17:19

I won't buy this game and I doubt that Chris Taylor will ever make another decent game again. He says now that games should have absolutely no learning curve and on a podcast, I was listening to he used Peggle as an example of what games should be. Games should basically be a passive experience like movies. The guy has gone off the deep end in a major way.

Alrik Fassbauer May 13th, 2008 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctor_kaz (Post 79534)
This game will be a commercial flop

I fear that this won't be.

DS sold relatively well, or am I wrong ?

zakhal May 13th, 2008 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 79543)
I fear that this won't be.

DS sold relatively well, or am I wrong ?

Lets see…one addon and two sequels (if this is counted)? I doubt they would make sequels if its not a cash cow.

DS got good reviews though - I cant understand how though. Perhaps the game sends out rays that disable peoples brains.