- News Comments
||November 4th, 2006 14:43
Dark Messiah - Patch Fix List
Still not the patch itself, but mightandmagic.com revealed the fix list of the upcoming patch 1.01 for Dark Messiah:
SP Patch 1.01 changes and bug fixes
- Crash fixed on Save/Load if player has an object in their hands.
- Health and poison effects are no longer displayed during credits.
- Player’s hands don’t appear behind the credits when you combine the Skull of Shadows with an equipped spell.
- All game menus are hidden when a video starts.
- Problem fixed when the player tries to switch between Xana mode and an equipped scroll.
- Indestructible shields are now really indestructible. - Crash fixed when the player tries to throw a dagger, then immediately jumps and parries.
- Crash fixed when the player tries to switch between casting a fireball and taking an object.
- Bug fixed. Player cannot re-use a scroll multiple times after switching to Xana mode.
- Saving is now disabled during end game credits to avoid system anomalies.
- The player now dismounts correctly from the top of ladders, even when moving backward.
- Instantaneous spells (Magic Protection, Heal, Wizard Eye) no longer break other spells like Firetrap.
- Climbing NPCs can't be charmed and fall if shrunken.
- Fixed getting stuck on door on Level 11, when jumping on a rope attached to it.
- Fixed weapon being unequipped after jumping in certain conditions
- Fixed when pressing E multiple time in certain conditions would quicksave the game
- Fixed when pressing E very quickly to get his backpack back at a specific location, backpack was recovered but all objects were missing
- Fixed not being able to take any objects under certain conditions
- Fixed game crash after de-equipping a weapon in certain conditions
- Fixed a potential first person hands animation problems
- Fixed being stuck sometimes in some specific locations close to stairs
- Fixed looping dagger and staff sound when doing a power attack and parrying in the middle.
- Fixed some scrolls that could be used several times (much like a spell)
- Fixed teleporting that could occur when using lockpick
- Fixed Fireball staying stuck to the player until it explodes
- Fixed, shrinked enemies are now sensitive to melee weapon
- Fixed a crash when killing a NPC with a fire weapon when he is knee deep in the water
- Fixed invisible wall present on level 7
- Fixed lockping becoming a weapon (melee animations played)
- Fixed Lighting bolt scroll not working
- Fixed issue with telekeninesis not always working as intended
- Fixed issues with "Adjust Brightness Level" still being in game after using it in the menu.
||November 4th, 2006 14:43
It basically appears to be "minor" gameplay bug fixes for people who can already play the game (with bugs of course) and while that is great for those who CAN play the game it doesn't really help those of us that are unable to play due to technical problems.:(
||November 4th, 2006 22:38
I think they're working on the core issues for those who can't even start the game as well - they've said so in the forums multiple times.
||November 5th, 2006 14:34
The crashes at load make the game long. And one section at level 7 I had to change resolution to 1268 from 1920 to get past a slide show. Then it went away and crashed to desktop. My nvidia 7950 gtx had to be swapped out for an ATI 1800 (Backup). Probably non game related but the trusty Nvidia card croaked under the pressure (embarassed?). Sticky fireballs are fun. Sound loops then crash then reboot are not. No showstoppers yet. Alot longer than 10 hours and still fun.
||November 5th, 2006 16:26
Originally Posted by sealight4
Alot longer than 10 hours and still fun.
Is that because of all of the crashes? I don't recall how long it took me, but I don't think of it as particularly long.
||November 5th, 2006 22:54
I've been most of the day trying to get thru Level 8. Crashes galore and rebooting and load times take up the rest. I'm patient but how does anyone expect a new player to take this crap compared to a console? I changed video cards and am considering a windows reinstall to clean out this garbage cause It never should have been released. Steam has no standards to send this out. but I'll finish this game if I live long enough.
Edit: Tried some Gothic 3 and got stuck in a tree. That's it for me today.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:23.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch