RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Piranha Bytes RPB - Gameworld FAQ @ WoP (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4827)

Dhruin July 2nd, 2008 02:24

Piranha Bytes RPB - Gameworld FAQ @ WoP

World of Piranha Bytes has a multi-lingual official FAQ on the mythology, setting and gameworld for PBīs upcoming RPG with the codename RPB. In general, RPB will have a setting and gameplay very much like Gothic, although PB promises the entire setting is new and fans will appreciate items like shields and dual-wielding.
The real name of the game will be revealed at the upcoming E3. A teaser site with not much more than a countdown is supposed to go online every minute.
WoP also hosts a couple of tutorials written by PB team members. Some of them are in English, others in German, often with English annotations to the screenshots. Head over there if you want to get first hand lessons on the creation of graphic assets.

More information.

Gorath July 2nd, 2008 02:24

The more interesting infos can be found in the unofficial fact collection titled "gesammelte Fakten". Only in German unfortunately.

PBīs art director released 160 still unknown Gothic 1 artworks this week. They have been spread over 3 sites and should be uploaded sooner or later.

titus July 2nd, 2008 09:29

Wow what a change for once: no orcs, no elves :d

Maylander July 2nd, 2008 10:35

Drool. That's pretty much all I have to say.

TheMadGamer July 2nd, 2008 16:57

The FAQ seems to describe a very gothic-ess game… which is a good thing.

Gorath July 2nd, 2008 17:30

Ralf posted a week or so ago that they left the 50% mark behind them quite some time ago, althoug theyīre still somewhere in the middle of the development cycle. So itīs not that far away.

Whereīs the part with no orcs and no elves? I must have overlooked it.

souha13 July 2nd, 2008 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 85220)
Ralf posted a week or so ago that they left the 50% mark behind them quite some time ago, althoug theyīre still somewhere in the middle of the development cycle. So itīs not that far away.

Whereīs the part with no orcs and no elves? I must have overlooked it.

-Apart from humans, will there be other races to interact with, like orcs, elves or dwarves?
-Yes, but none of the above.

Gorath July 2nd, 2008 18:36

Thanks.

——————————-

zakhal July 2nd, 2008 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 85220)

Does that count bugs or are the bugs counted in only after the mark goes over 100%? ;)

Wulf July 2nd, 2008 19:26

Re:-
[The title should be able to stand on its own, but plans for a purposeful continuation have been made.]

I am pleased to hear this from the Piranhas, it shows a devoted future commitment, i expected nothing less. :)

Bartacus July 2nd, 2008 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakhal (Post 85238)
Does that count bugs or are the bugs counted in only after the mark goes over 100%? ;)

You've said the only thing that worries me about PB's new game. All the other things look pretty good and I will most likely buy the game.

JDR13 July 3rd, 2008 01:32

Starting to get pretty excited about this one. Does anyone know if it will be a simultaneous release in multiple countries?

Gorath July 3rd, 2008 03:05

Thatīs possible. Deep Silver has direct market access in DACH, GB, F, I and the US. Itīs up to them whether they want to release simultaneously.