RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Locus Inn - Moved to the Watch Network (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5142)

Myrthos August 12th, 2008 14:10

The Locus Inn - Moved to the Watch Network

The Locus Inn that was previously still hosted on the RPGDot network is moved to the RPGWatch network. The site is my own private site and I have been running it since 2000. It started as a place where I could store the stuff I had about one of the best games I ever played: Planescape:Torment.
This was followed by information about the Icewind Dale games and Baldur's Gate 2.
After that I became interested in Divinity for which I had several contacts with the developers and had the opportunity to play versions of the games even before a beta version was available. This was followed by Beyond Divinity, for which I was the co-writer in writing the best strategy guide in existence of that game :-)
Now with the PR machine of Divinity 2 starting to spread the news, I found it was time to make the move to the Watch network.
Unfortunately, due to some funky ads Jolt showed on the sites at the RPGDot network, they were tagged as suspicious and containing malware. This was strictly because of those ads and not because of the contents on those site. As we don't have any ads here, that problem won't exist, so I requested Google to remove the warning on it.
More information.

mogwins August 12th, 2008 14:10

Link?

[Other text to get round the minimum message length]

woges August 12th, 2008 14:16

Check out the green tab on the top left of your screen.

Cacholo August 12th, 2008 23:13

Any idea why rpgdot die??

aries100 August 12th, 2008 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacholo (Post 91175)
Any idea why rpgdot die??

Not enough traffic, I'd guess. Jolt (network) that now owns (or owned) the rpgdot simply decided that there wasn't enough traffic to the site…

Gorath August 12th, 2008 23:28

Jolt was bought by a bigger company.

Eisberg August 13th, 2008 18:25

When many of the people running RPGdot left to make RPGWatch, I believe many of the fans of RPGdot came with them. I was one of them. As far as I can tell, all the best of RPGdot started RPGwatch, so there was no reason to continue to visit RPGdot.

Hedek August 13th, 2008 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisberg (Post 91318)
When many of the people running RPGdot left to make RPGWatch, I believe many of the fans of RPGdot came with them. I was one of them. As far as I can tell, all the best of RPGdot started RPGwatch, so there was no reason to continue to visit RPGdot.

Likewise I followed RPGDot's team when they moved to RPGWatch.

Congratulations for your dedication to your website Myrthos. I first heard of you back when I was running my own Planescape Torment website (hosted by Planet Baldur's Gate) but unlike you I couldn't find the time to continue. It was fun times though, for RPG fans and RPG sites runners, have any news of Terra Arcanum's Calis/Roel Arts?

Damn I really failed at keeping in touch with all these people.

Dhruin August 13th, 2008 23:22

He posted a newsbit at the 'Codex the other day, so he's kicking around.

mogwins August 14th, 2008 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by woges (Post 91068)
Check out the green tab on the top left of your screen.

Ah yes. Might have been useful to have a link in the actual newsbit though.