RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   NWN 2 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Quicksave? (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538)

Acleacius November 9th, 2006 05:57

Quicksave?

Anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks

txa1265 November 9th, 2006 07:33

You mean F12?

Maylander November 9th, 2006 09:04

Yep, F12 button, it's fast too, so I quicksave aaall the time!

Acleacius November 9th, 2006 10:52

Sweet!
Ugggh that means I have been doing the long way. :(
Why isn't any of this in the control mapping like every other game? Bah!
I guess this means there is a Quickload too, right?

Thanks. :)

txa1265 November 9th, 2006 13:35

Just remember to full-save often as well … and in different slots. I think we've all been burned at one time or other by not having a good cache of save files …

Acleacius November 9th, 2006 14:52

Heh, I have no problems with saving, its just the poor quality of the Save system and the Key mapping.

Oh wait this isn't a real Quicksave it just keeps you from having to retype the name of your Save everytime you want to save, which no other game forces you to retype the name of your Savegame anyway, well apparently except NWN2.

Also incase anyone is intrested there is Not a Quickload and this so called Quicksave still flushes out all the level textures and forces you to reload all 23 packages, as in a real Quicksave/load you don't have to reload the complete level, again.

txa1265 November 9th, 2006 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acleacius (Post 6524)
Oh wait this isn't a real Quicksave it just keeps you from having to retype the name of your Save everytime you want to save, which no other game forces you to retype the name of your Savegame anyway, well apparently except NWN2.

OK, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds that annoying …

CelesteGB November 9th, 2006 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by txa1265 (Post 6506)
Just remember to full-save often as well … and in different slots. I think we've all been burned at one time or other by not having a good cache of save files …

I'm a saver…I have 8 gigs worth of saves for the original NWN. I should be ashamed:)

Celeste

Corwin November 10th, 2006 01:29

Yes, you should be :biggrin: I clean my NWN folders regularly. I don't have space for anymore hardrives!! :)

Maylander November 10th, 2006 10:32

There should definetly have been an in-game keymapping. I have to whip out my manual every time I want to find a specific key.

txa1265 November 10th, 2006 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maylander (Post 6794)
There should definetly have been an in-game keymapping. I have to whip out my manual every time I want to find a specific key.

That is *really* frustrating - I've seen it in other games, non-RPG's that escape me at th emoment, and thought it was annoying. At the Main Menu you can key map, but *not* from the pause menu?!?! WTF

xSamhainx November 11th, 2006 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelesteGB (Post 6560)
I'm a saver…I have 8 gigs worth of saves for the original NWN. I should be ashamed:)

Celeste

Dang, those are some serious saves!