RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fable 2 - Online Coop not Shipping in Box (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5534)

Dhruin September 27th, 2008 10:30

Fable 2 - Online Coop not Shipping in Box

From GameSpot comes news that the promised online co-op in Fable II will not ship in the box but will be patched in later - possibly within the week:
Quote:

When Fable II arrives in stores, it will lack the online co-op multiplayer mode Molyneux touted at a 2008 Game Developers Conference presentation.. On the bright side, Microsoft is promising that the feature will be added in a downloadable update, possibly within the game's first week on North American shelves. For those who can't wait for a patch to adventure with friends, the game will include local co-op play out of the box.
More information.

coyote September 27th, 2008 10:30

There is absolutely no contradiction between this and the game being "absolutely finished and done and dusted", as stated by Mr. Molyneux 5 days ago. None at all!

Though of course it is not a big deal if they really manage to release the patch in approx. one week - aside from the utter shamelessness.

Gorath September 27th, 2008 15:09

Sounds more like a copy protection stunt to me than a lack of time.

rbtroj September 27th, 2008 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 97374)
Sounds more like a copy protection stunt to me than a lack of time.

I agree. I think this one is to blame on Microsoft, not Molyneux. I know Molyneux's got a history, but this particular ditty stinks of MS.

Zloth September 27th, 2008 20:24

Errrr, why does it stink of MS?

Though it's touted as a big feature, I'm not particularly interested in the co-op. I've got MMO games for that.

zakhal September 28th, 2008 16:22

The video I saw of Fable2's co-op was interesting for sure. I dont even have the box but I might wanna try that.

guenthar September 29th, 2008 06:22

They are trying to catch people with hacked xbox 360s.

txa1265 September 29th, 2008 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by guenthar (Post 97488)
They are trying to catch people with hacked xbox 360s.

That was my thought - it is becoming increasingly common, apparently.

Dez September 29th, 2008 12:55

Hacked consoles are nothing new.. I hacked my sega megadrive back in the 90s or actually there was this game shop whose owner would do these modifications. It was just silly that one couldn't play japanise or usa games on european console and vice versa.

coyote September 30th, 2008 10:44

Interesting. I never owned a console and do not plan on buying one, so I am a bit naive in that respect.

I only wonder why MS would not just use an automatic forced update feature activated during regular online play for hack detection. Or are games checked in advance by hackers to remove "features" like this?