RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Eschalon: Book II - Development Update (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988)

Dhruin December 9th, 2008 20:32

Eschalon: Book II - Development Update
 
Good to see news on Eschalon: Book II. Thomas Riegsecker from Basilisk let us know they've kicked up an update at the official site. Here's the text:
Quote:

- Book II is in full development over the holidays with plans to run some early alpha testing in January. Everyone always asks if we are still "on schedule" with development. The answer is yes, though with a lot of work still to do we have no solid estimates on a release date yet.

- We are working on several new articles that will run on a major website in the next few weeks, which will include brand new screenshots and fresh information about the storyline and gameplay of Book II.

- We have been working with a new artist to apply some additional polish to the next game. We'll try to show you a glimpse of his work in a future update. Some of his previous work has been with Daggerfall, Morrowind and Dark Age of Camelot.

- One of our forum members have translated the recently posted Monster Profile pages into French, which is the start of our goal to provide Book II in multiple languages. We will get these new French translations posted very soon.

Oh, and just for kicks, we updated the Book II logo for the holidays which also happens to reflect the new arctic zones of Book II.
More information.

rune_74 December 9th, 2008 20:32

Outstanding, been looking for some good news this week:)

Great job Thom.

magerette December 9th, 2008 21:03

Yes, looking forward to this one. Glad to hear everything is still on track, and the artist sounds like a good move also.

Nikus December 9th, 2008 22:50

Part one was extremely well made for an indie developer title. Best of luck to these guys. Hopefully alpha in Jan means ver 1.0 in summer…

Guest December 9th, 2008 23:49

And for those of you that want a recap of Eschalon: Book II so far, have a look at Jedi_Learner's thread at Iron Tower Studio.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum…hp?topic=362.0

rune_74 December 10th, 2008 01:44

Heh the poor guy was in defence mode in that thread. Lots of good info in there, he did a good job.

Guest December 10th, 2008 11:34

Yeah, he did a good job considering he was put down by that nazis developer!

skavenhorde December 10th, 2008 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 1060923645)
Yeah, he did a good job considering he was put down by that nazis developer!

Jedi Learner sorta had it coming with that "moronic reasons for not liking book 1" comment. I've had many stupid reasons for not liking something but no one here has said flat out that you're a moron;), like Jedi learner implied in that thread.

Plus it's Vince's forum. If he wants them to act civil in his forum and not go willy nilly like at the codex, that is his right.

It wasn't that bad of a read. There were some hurt egos in that thread but it wasn't an all out attack on the game itself except for one person who really didn't like it.

Benedict December 10th, 2008 12:20

Glad it's still on track, the first book was good old school fun that's all too rare these days.

Fingers crossed there's a bit more time for writing & plot now the main slog of building the engine is reduced :)

Guest December 10th, 2008 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by skavenhorde (Post 1060923654)
Jedi Learner sorta had it coming with that "moronic reasons for not liking book 1" comment.

Scott had it coming though, especially since he said he wasn't impressed with the features for Book II, because it wasn't true turn-based or now with party. If someone said they didn't like Doom III because it wasn't a strategy game, wouldn't you find that moronic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skavenhorde (Post 1060923654)
Plus it's Vince's forum. If he wants them to act civil in his forum and not go willy nilly like at the codex, that is his right.

Vince? Surely you mean Vince Hypocrite D. Weller?

skavenhorde December 10th, 2008 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 1060923672)
Scott had it coming though, especially since he said he wasn't impressed with the features for Book II, because it wasn't true turn-based or now with party. If someone said they didn't like Doom III because it wasn't a strategy game, wouldn't you find that moronic?

Vince? Surely you mean Vince Hypocrite D. Weller?

Bottom line of that whole thread was that most people were excited about book 2 and after reading the thread, I am too. I could care less what someone, who obviously doesn't like the type of games I like, has to say about it. Let him be a moron, it's his internet right to be one ;)

As for your opinion about Vince, well that's your opinion. He pops in here from time to time and more often than not I like what he has to say. The game he is making also looks very good. Both Eschalon and AoD are on my must buy list.

magerette December 10th, 2008 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 1060923672)


Vince? Surely you mean Vince Hypocrite D. Weller?

Not that I want in on this argument, because I'm neither a fan nor a detractor of the VaultDweller, but someone who registers at a forum as Guest doesn't have much room to talk about hypocrisy. Just my two cents.

Alrik Fassbauer December 10th, 2008 18:33

Hypocrite ? Wasn't that the ancient greek doctor ?

MaskedMan December 10th, 2008 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1060923716)
Hypocrite ? Wasn't that the ancient greek doctor ?

Hippocrates ;)

Alrik Fassbauer December 10th, 2008 20:25

Thanks. ;)

T'was tongue-in-cheek anyway. ;)

Corwin December 11th, 2008 00:10

I agree with Magerette (might be a first :) ) Only cowards hide behind 'guest' while insulting other people and I don't support the concept of attacking people's posts on other websites since they often aren't in a position to defend themselves. It's another cowardly act. While I disagree with several of Vince's ideas, I have huge respect for him as a writer and developer.

magerette December 11th, 2008 19:22

I can think of at least three or four times we've agreed over the years, Corwin. :)

skavenhorde December 11th, 2008 19:31

Sorry guys, I shouldn't bring battles from other forums over here :(

I just didn't get what the hub bub was about. It wasn't that bad of a thread. Gave a lot of info and if you skip over the stupid bits, it wasnt that bad, a lot of people support the game and are looking foreward to when it is done, just like us.

Bottom line "Don't talk to strangers or "guests" :biggrin:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch