RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Drakensang - Ergo's Fixpack Mod v1.5 (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6985)

Dhruin April 13th, 2009 01:12

Drakensang - Ergo's Fixpack Mod v1.5
 
Ergonpandilus has released v1.5 of his Drakensang Fixpack mod. Here are the latest changes:
Quote:

v1.5
- Much darker dungeons
- Advantages and disadvantages of fullmages totally changed *9)
- Same for party member mages too (Jost and Gwendala)
- Lower starting values for magic talents. Still same as before if specialized.
- Bandage and Golmoon Tea are now 2.5x more expensive.
- Weapon balsam charges increased to 50
- Whetstone DP increased to +2
- Minor bugfixing and sql script cleaning
A sameple screen of the dungeon darkness and a link to the file can be found in this thread on our forums.
More information.

Ergonpandilus April 13th, 2009 01:13

I appreciate that you notify my mod here.

It's actually only positive feedback I ever get. Usually I just get messages about errors or what's not good in it. Still it has been downloaded hundreds of times. :)

More ideas please. ;)

NFLed April 13th, 2009 01:49

I just have a random comment but I felt that Drakensang was too dark overall. Every time I played I had to adjust my monitor brightness and contrast several ticks upward and then return it to normal when I did everything else on my PC. I enjoyed the game a whole lot, I'm glad someone is making mods for it to address issues.

skavenhorde April 13th, 2009 06:16

I'm was one of those HELP ME IT'S BROKE posters at DTP's forum. I just wanted to say thanks again, even though I pretty much just wasted your time since all it needed was to be reinstalled.

If anyone ever needs help fixing the game Ergo is the man.

ikbenrichard April 13th, 2009 10:19

i like your effort, although i dont like Much darker dungeons. all details are gone then.
about the rest of the changes, good job!

Ergonpandilus April 13th, 2009 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikbenrichard (Post 1060943316)
i like your effort, although i dont like Much darker dungeons. all details are gone then.
about the rest of the changes, good job!

Quite opposite, now that you the dungeons and darker, and you might need torch or light spell in some of them, the dungeons look actually better.

Gorath April 13th, 2009 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLed (Post 1060943295)
I just have a random comment but I felt that Drakensang was too dark overall. Every time I played I had to adjust my monitor brightness and contrast several ticks upward and then return it to normal when I did everything else on my PC. I enjoyed the game a whole lot, I'm glad someone is making mods for it to address issues.

Too dark? O_O If anything it was not dark enough. Maybe brightness and contrast on your monitor / graphics card combo is misconfigured.

Alrik Fassbauer April 13th, 2009 18:48

@Gorath: I agree. Originally, I couldn't see very much in Moorbrück. It turned out that my monitor gamma value (or whatever) was indeed too dark, but all in all I must say that given that I normally use relatively low values, I must also say that Drakensang is too dark.

It adds very, very much to the immersion of Moorbrück, though, to have such a murky light … ;)

sherwinz28 April 13th, 2009 19:12

I always wondered why they were selling torches and such…I never needed one so I just sold them.

Ergonpandilus April 13th, 2009 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherwinz28 (Post 1060943364)
I always wondered why they were selling torches and such…I never needed one so I just sold them.

Exactly.

Now there is a point to use torch (or light spell), though you can manage without one.

Alrik Fassbauer April 13th, 2009 21:00

1 Attachment(s)
I had to constantly use some - but I already explained, why.

I learned of my monitor being too dark (so to say) only by chance through a forums's thread at dtp.

The attached screenshot shows how the area around Moorbrück (Moorbridge ?) looked like *originally* on my PC !

NFLed April 14th, 2009 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorath (Post 1060943352)
Too dark? O_O If anything it was not dark enough. Maybe brightness and contrast on your monitor / graphics card combo is misconfigured.

The entire game was too dark for my system, even outside; however, outside it was okay because I could still see what was going on, inside I couldn't see what was going on even with the light spell and/or a torch.

So clearly it was a problem with my system and not a complaint I have about the game. My fix was to simply increase the brightness and contrast of my PC's settings prior to entering the game and then reverting them back to where they were afterwards. If there were a gamma setting within the game then I could have used that.

ikbenrichard April 14th, 2009 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ergonpandilus (Post 1060943366)
Exactly.

Now there is a point to use torch (or light spell), though you can manage without one.

true. convinced ;)

ikbenrichard April 14th, 2009 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer (Post 1060943379)
I had to constantly use some - but I already explained, why.

I learned of my monitor being too dark (so to say) only by chance through a forums's thread at dtp.

The attached screenshot shows how the area around Moorbrück (Moorbridge ?) looked like *originally* on my PC !

time to buy a new one ;)

Alrik Fassbauer April 14th, 2009 15:40

No, I just increased brightness & contrast. ;)

But yes, my monitor is now 9 years old (by iiyama), and I'm seeking a new one for within the next 1-2 years.

Gorath April 14th, 2009 16:26

I bought a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510 a couple of weeks ago - for a whopping 10,20 EUR on eBay. ;)

Alrik Fassbauer April 14th, 2009 18:17

Nice. :)

Mine is an "Vision Master Pro 411", and it almost always has some slight problems with Linux distributions (I've noticed that with several ones).

Nowadays, though, it runs fine with Ubuntu. :)

Gorath April 14th, 2009 18:41

But … that's a 17" monitor!

You should really look on eBay. Everybody is selling excellent CRTs to replace them with TFTs. You should be able to get a 22" CRT for 25€ within a 25 km radius. 5 inches more for 25 bucks is definitely worth it. ;)

Alrik Fassbauer April 15th, 2009 00:03

Okay, I'll keep that in my mind. ;)

zakhal April 15th, 2009 10:31

My old 19" Samsung Syncmaster CRT was a bit dark after 5 years of usage. I stopped using it 3 years ago and carried it to recycling last summer. I traded two old harddrives for 19" Acer LCD but its mainly secondary backup to my big bright HDTV.

Screen is the most important component of your PC setup imho. If its small and poor quality it doesnt matter how good rest of the pieces are.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch