RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Risen - Official Video (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7005)

Dhruin April 16th, 2009 00:00

Risen - Official Video

The official Risen blog has revealed the official first Risen ingame video, although it's pretty much the same gameworld flythrough stuff we already saw from the RPC.
Worthplaying has the same video for download, as well as a handful of hopefully new screens.
More information.

ToddMcF2002 April 16th, 2009 00:01

OK so after all the PB fanboys made fun of the Gothic 4 models…..whaddya gonna say NOW???? :D:biggrin:

Me I'm buying both regardless

JDR13 April 16th, 2009 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 (Post 1060943666)
OK so after all the PB fanboys made fun of the Gothic 4 models…..whaddya gonna say NOW???? :D:biggrin:

Are you seeing something that the rest of us aren't? What's wrong with the models? So far they look to be at least as good as the models in Gothic 3, if not better.

ToddMcF2002 April 16th, 2009 02:44

Porcupines? Knuckle dragging little hobbit troll things? I'm just saying, no better and no worse than what weve seen with G4 so far.

JDR13 April 16th, 2009 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 (Post 1060943679)
Porcupines? Knuckle dragging little hobbit troll things? I'm just saying, no better and no worse than what weve seen with G4 so far.

You're talking about creature/character design then, not models.

ToddMcF2002 April 16th, 2009 02:51

Yes the character design. I'm not complaining about them, they are creative. But there was soooo much bashing about the G4 screenshots I feel compelled to make a point of it.

I think of them as models anyway. That's what they were called in the old Quake development days (mdl files) and still in 3dstudio max which I've done some development in.

northreign April 16th, 2009 03:36

[QUOTE=ToddMcF2002;1060943666]OK so after all the PB fanboys made fun of the Gothic 4 models…..whaddya gonna say NOW???? :D:biggrin:QUOTE]

No… its a tropical island so it should have polar bears.

It looks great just way too short. In-game video during the rpc would be great imo.

DArtagnan April 16th, 2009 09:32

Looks pretty good, but in no way mindshattering - imo.

Melvil April 16th, 2009 22:53

Dun think they were going for mind shattering, there was a little lag though, love the look so far.

curious April 18th, 2009 00:28

after picking up Helldorado this past week, also developed by Spellbound, I'm finding that I'm actually hopeful for Gothic 4 despite Jowood deserving every 4 letter word in the universe. Risen will be more gothic than Gothic 4, but that doesn't mean both can't be great though different games, which in my view is a glorious situation. Spellbound, like the pirahnas seem to have a great attention to detail in the gameworld as well as a sense of humour, two things i greatly appreciate in a game of any genre.

mudsling3 April 18th, 2009 03:22

PB does decent job on environment…but need better charactor modeler, animator in perticular. Animation still on G1+ level. Anyway, I will pick up this game as soon as avilable.