RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fallout 3 - Lead Level Designer Revealed (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707)

Dhruin November 21st, 2006 23:30

Fallout 3 - Lead Level Designer Revealed

Also at NMA is the news that Joel Burgess will lead the level design for Fallout 3. Head over for a detailed and acerbic analysis of Joel's background and qualifications.
More information.

r3dshift November 21st, 2006 23:30

I'm usually not the first to whine but Joel being a "proponent of randomized content" makes me feel awry. What I've really hated in Oblivion is randomized loot and such. I don't wish to re-witness it in any game.

Unregistered5 November 22nd, 2006 02:04

Its obvious this game is going to be a piece of crap and it also doesn't help they keep playing games post some movie clips and some screenshots.

Dhruin November 22nd, 2006 03:15

I doubt they have any screenshots or movies - development is still in the early stages.

Corwin November 22nd, 2006 03:18

I'm always amazed that unregistered people are so prophetic and have such deep insights about games just entering development!!

Unregistered November 22nd, 2006 03:50

Who????????????

Dhruin November 22nd, 2006 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwin (Post 9308)
I'm always amazed that unregistered people are so prophetic and have such deep insights about games just entering development!!

Ah - let me remove the mystery. Unregistered is in fact Viking_Berserker et al.

txa1265 November 22nd, 2006 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruin (Post 9330)
Ah - let me remove the mystery. Unregistered is in fact Viking_Berserker et al.

NO … I never saw *THAT* one coming … ;)

Corwin November 22nd, 2006 12:08

I'm shocked, TOTALLY shocked!! :)

josephwatson November 22nd, 2006 14:39

I'm just excited to see Fallout 3 in existence. Sure, Bethesda may not be the best choice, but at least they make quality games. Hopefully someone with experience writing dialog will be on their team, though. Please give the NPCs personalities, for Pete's sake!

LordRac November 22nd, 2006 16:18

Awesome! Now there will be lifeless NPCs with GUNS! :rolleyes:

But at least it'll look purdy! :)

screeg November 22nd, 2006 16:28

I think it's ~2 years too early to be slamming Bethesda for ruining the Fallout experience for everyone. The griping by FO fans is legendary, even in an industry which gestates gripers like something… that gestates really fast. Give them 0.05 of a chance already!

As long as it's turn-based. If it's not turn-based they should all burn alive in a chemical fire.

Acleacius November 22nd, 2006 17:05

Well there are at least two great things (possibly best in the business) Charater Creation and Editor which will allow great things from Modders, even if Bethseda once again can't get RPing right. :)

Naked_Lunch November 22nd, 2006 22:32

I've just given up hope on Fallout 3 and stopped whining/caring altogether so it's all good :)

Corwin November 23rd, 2006 03:13

Without the SPECIAL system, it's NOT a Fallout, no matter what they call it!!