RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dragon Age - Unboxing the Ultimate Collectors Edition (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7720)

Dhruin July 26th, 2009 13:51

Dragon Age - Unboxing the Ultimate Collectors Edition

Do you like Collector's Editions? Want to drool over the contents of the Dragon Age Ultimate Collector's Edition well before you can get your hands on it? Check out this video of the contents…
More information.

danutz_plusplus July 26th, 2009 13:51

What the hell was the 'sausage' at the end. Weird.

Konjad July 26th, 2009 16:09

It looks like vibrator, especially when she says "what you do with it in the dark, it's your own business" and little later "mmm… so good" :p

txa1265 July 26th, 2009 16:25

I can't imagine what that would cost … or why you'd want both PC and X360 …

Konjad July 26th, 2009 16:37

Quote:

I can't imagine what that would cost … or why you'd want both PC and X360 …
The only thing I can imagine is selling one copy…

Prime Junta July 26th, 2009 16:45

That was… puzzling.

GothicGothicness July 26th, 2009 17:01

I am sure it is another marketing ploy, they are obviously trying to sell dragon age with sex, action and violence.. probably an EA marketing move… from the promotional video and adverrtisements I have seen, I have moved from a "Must buy" to a "Not interessed", well done marketing team!!!!

aries100 July 26th, 2009 17:09

I don't think this is real, though. From Bioware's Twitter feed we know that the Collector's Edition is supposed to come with a cloth map; no cloth map in the video.

The Bonus DVD havce two Marilyn Manson tracks on it? Not true - if it were real.

The food agencies of the world will not allow real sausage to be packaged in a game box…

txa1265 July 26th, 2009 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konjad (Post 1060960540)
The only thing I can imagine is selling one copy…

That is basically my thought - I'll check the price, and see if it is worth my while to get it and then trade out the X360 copy on Goozex or sell it on eBay.

Zloth July 26th, 2009 18:12

Oh cool, they said what the DLC will be for Mass Eff… fect… WHA??? Sausage!?!?

Quote:

I am sure it is another marketing ploy, they are obviously trying to sell dragon age with sex, action and violence..
Oh come on, they are just having a bit of fun! If they really wanted to sell it with sex, we would be seeing a chainmail bikinki, not just her arms.

bemushroomed July 26th, 2009 18:27

Its a parody of the next CoD collectors ed (that contains nightvision googles) and if that didnt give it away as a joke, at least the sausage should.. im even a bit scared of the people that didnt get its a joke, i mean hello?!?! anyone home?? guess not..

rune_74 July 26th, 2009 19:31

Its better to be the strong silent no joking rpg fanatic then to laugh a bit;)

Prime Junta July 26th, 2009 19:36

I figured it has to be a joke (a sausage?), but… I don't get it. Could someone who does please explain it to me?

Squeek July 26th, 2009 19:45

I think I get it. It's yet another video with yet another sexual reference, this time one that takes a clever/silly approach instead of a blatant one. They're saying sex is part of the package.

They reached for the joke, though, and that's why it's a little confusing, IMO. In Hollywood, they call what it's lacking "signposting."

Prime Junta July 26th, 2009 20:03

Okay, I guess. Thanks. Can't say I think much of their marketing strategy…

bemushroomed July 26th, 2009 20:05

Is it even an official video? I've seen some awesome (but fake) movie trailers, unboxing videos etc on youtube over the years.. Sounds strange that it contains both pc and xbox version, for example. I'm sure it's just a joke by someone (not Bioware).

antigeek July 26th, 2009 20:09

I joined the forum only to tell you that this thread is really hilarious. Oh my…

bemushroomed July 26th, 2009 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by antigeek (Post 1060960588)
I joined the forum only to tell you that this thread is really hilarious. Oh my…

…in my short existence on these forums i must agree.

Its good to go outside once in a while, maybe joke around with friends a bit and not just sit at home playing RPG's, its not good for you, this thread is a prime example of that. ;)

Squeek July 26th, 2009 20:24

It's been a long time, but I did study acting in Hollywood, did get an "A" in a film directing class at USC, and did go on to actually help make a few films (lousy ones, but hey).

So I must really be stupid then. Enlighten us, antigeek. What are we all missing? You too, bemushroomed.

zakhal July 26th, 2009 20:36

Old game commercial used to be so straight-forward: