RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Two Worlds II - Screens @ Worthplaying (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7838)

Dhruin August 12th, 2009 01:23

Two Worlds II - Screens @ Worthplaying

Four Two Worlds II screens are up at Worthplaying, showing off the outdoor scenery.
More information.

Explodin' Gobbo August 12th, 2009 01:23

Same old, same old.

rune_74 August 12th, 2009 03:14

Yet they look better then risen.

txa1265 August 12th, 2009 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune_74 (Post 1060964073)
Yet they look better then risen.

Mayhap thou dost thinketh me knowest thou be beglittered and begone? ;)

Personally, unlike Risen, those look more like 'bullshots' to me!

Thaurin August 12th, 2009 04:17

This time, I concur. I clearly remember seeing the first Two Worlds screenshots and then seeing the real game. I was disappointed. You have to take these screenshots with a bit of cinematographic salt, because they might be in-game but they're also always shot from the "best side." In other words, I thought the screenshots looked a hell of a lot better than the actual game.

ToddMcF2002 August 12th, 2009 04:24

Forsooth! Thou hast indeed unmasked craven bullshots.

LOL

But TW was a fun romp of a game and I'm ready for numero dos!

JDR13 August 12th, 2009 04:38

I agree, there was lot of fun to be had with TW, as long as you didn't take it too seriously. Of course I don't know how good the latter part of the game is because I still haven't played that deep into it.

PrinceOfDeath August 12th, 2009 12:24

These are old.
These are from Two Worlds Temptation.
How cheap of them to recycle them and claim them as Two Worlds II

DArtagnan August 12th, 2009 12:40

They look pretty good, but I'm more interested in how they've improved dialogue/story than anything else.

txa1265 August 12th, 2009 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1060964140)
They look pretty good, but I'm more interested in how they've improved dialogue/story than anything else.

That was what I was alluding to - I didn't mind the TW graphics, even when playing again recently … but the story / dialogue / acting were not so great …

DArtagnan August 12th, 2009 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by txa1265 (Post 1060964143)
That was what I was alluding to - I didn't mind the TW graphics, even when playing again recently … but the story / dialogue / acting were not so great …

No it was an odd experience.

The gameplay had some interesting aspects, even if it struck me as extremely unbalanced and exploitable. But sometimes I like that in a singleplayer game :)

But it was close enough to being good, that I'll keep a close eye on TW2. We just don't get enough open world CRPGs for me to ignore something like this.

Remind me if TW2 will have a "true" co-op mode. As in, the singleplayer game playable in cooperative mode?

I've been dreaming of a LAN-based free roamer for many years :)

lanael August 12th, 2009 15:19

Same here. The first hours of playing Two Worlds were laborious ( as it has been said : odd animations, strange feeling about the main character movements, bad acting & dialogues, etc… ) but I eventually enjoyed the rest of this game until the end.
So a "better" Two Worlds is something I'm waiting for, even though I'm not as eagerly waiting it as I am about Risen.

And yes, these screenshots, even if they do not picture the actual TW2, were very probably modified by hand.

Glorian August 12th, 2009 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DArtagnan (Post 1060964149)
Remind me if TW2 will have a "true" co-op mode. As in, the singleplayer game playable in cooperative mode?

I've been dreaming of a LAN-based free roamer for many years :)

Yes. Two Worlds 2 has a co-op mode for up to 8 players. You can do a lot more things together than just roaming and fighting ;-)

There is also a PVP mode.

Zephyr August 12th, 2009 16:59

As a whole, I enjoyed TW. What I found irritating and mildly disappointing was the cornball dialog and writing. I also think the game had some balancing problems — main character too weak and overwhelmed at times and virtually God-like at others.

I recall using Poison Cloud to lay waste to just about anything I wanted.

Santos August 13th, 2009 00:45

At first, I liked the idea of upgrading the power items by combining two similar weapons, for example, to get one improved result. Mix that with a bit of gaming OCD, however, and my game just turned into a series of trips back and forth to my "storage depot". Not much fun.