Borderlands - German Hands-on @ Gbase
Short comment after resding through it:
- Respawn rate of Bandits and Monsters/Animals far too high for the reviewer's taste
- lots of combinations of weapons possible
- money is widely available, either through sales or even through dollar notes lying around (?)
- world looks a bit too static in some places
- dying is maintained through a countdown-phase of kind of blurred consciousness, if one manages to kill an enemy within this phase, one regains health, if not, one dies, and must pay a hefty "reinvcarnation punishment" fee (that's how the reviewer calls it, literally translated)
- preview was uncensored, although in German language
- extremely brutal methods of killing possible : limbs can be pulled ot cut off - blood comes out of the remaining stumps, hitting heads makes the heads explode, animals and bandits can be ridden over with the vehicle, killed enemies through this method can be collected piece by piece" from the street, enemies can be set on fire which results in them burning to ash meanwhile they are crying/shouting …
- reviewer says that this makes the game not at all suitable for gamers under 18 years
Respawning can really turn a, otherwise good game, into crap.
I like what i've seen from the game i must say. Love that you can see e.g critical hits and damage points in numbers coming from the wounded enemies, it goes great together with their comic book art design and doesnt really break the immersion because of that. Also like that fact that they're big fans of FO3, hope they stole a lot from it.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:39.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch