RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Risen (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How to turn off Torch? (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8427)

Guybrush October 8th, 2009 05:52

How to turn off Torch?

I have made the nameless hero carry a torch, but how do I make him put it away?

JDR13 October 8th, 2009 05:54

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe you can stow a torch once you've lit it.

Zloth October 8th, 2009 06:05

Can you imagine what would happen if you lit that trans-dimensional pocket you've got?

haberman13 October 8th, 2009 06:22

I just drop it by pulling out my weapon.

TheMadGamer October 8th, 2009 07:48

I've only been able to drop torches. Can't seem to extinguish them once they're lit. You can drop a torch by right-clicking.

Thaurin October 8th, 2009 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zloth (Post 1060975357)
Can you imagine what would happen if you lit that trans-dimensional pocket you've got?

Lol, that would be awesome, if half your inventory turned into burned crap if you did that. :D Oops!

Guybrush October 9th, 2009 02:11

Any 'Monkey Island' Fans here, would remember how the hero managed to put everything into his pants; crowbars, monkeys, etc.

Corwin October 9th, 2009 08:48

There's a LOT of MI fans here!! :)

lanux128 October 9th, 2009 17:32

i can drop the torch by right-clicking the mouse but it doesn't seem to extinguish itself unlike previous Gothic games. is it the same for everyone else as well?

DArtagnan October 9th, 2009 19:19

Yes, you drop the torch by right-clicking - and it's by design that you can't extinguish them.

It's a "realism" feature that you can feel what you like about, but I personally think it's slightly more annoying than beneficial.

Dungeons are all very dark and I think a little more flexibility is in order for non-mages, as the disadvantage of not being able to fight with sword and shield whilst holding a torch is too big, when you consider that mages have near infinite light sources that are non-intrusive in terms of combat.

Sure, you can always gather light scrolls - but I find them not lasting long enough to want to waste them on a constant basis. Also, savegames don't take the dynamic light sources into consideration - so you lose your light spell upon saving if you reload.

But anyway, a minor point.

aarundel February 19th, 2013 08:55

You can Extinguish the Torch

Yes, you can but in an unconventional way. All you have to do is Quick save and jump into a near Deep Water. and you will be teleported to the last save point with the Torch back in your inventory.

shak-otay February 24th, 2013 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarundel (Post 1061184923)
[…]All you have to do is Quick save and jump into a near Deep Water. and you will be teleported to the last save point with the Torch back in your inventory.

and the immersion lost (if any):biggrin: