RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactica: Maiden of Faith (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Official Recruitment Thread (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8836)

GothicGothicness October 27th, 2009 11:40

The Official Recruitment Thread
 
Currently everyone working on the game have a lot to do, and the progess is not as fast as I want, so we are looking to expand the team with a few persons, so if you are skilled at or know anyone who is skilled at one of the following please contact me by PM or reply to this thread.

Sound & Music Composer
3d modeler
Texture Artist
Graphics & Shader programmer

If you feel you have time and want to contribute with something else, you can also contact me and we can see whatever it is working out or not.

Currenlty on the team:
Experianced and very skilled 3d modeler/animator
Game Engine/Graphics/AI/Interface programmers
Game Designer
Editor
Dialogue Writer
Level Designer

Any feedback welcome. The only requirement is that you love party based CRPGs.

LuckyCarbon July 21st, 2010 15:30

I was just thinking about trying to put together a team of Watchers when I remembered this forum. :)

I'm a programmer/dba who's dabbled in 3d engine development, Unity & Ogre, some Unreal years ago. It looks like you've already got my skills covered but I might be interested if there's something you think I could help with. I don't think there's a (computer) language on Earth I haven't at least messed around with, so whatever you're programming team is working in I could probably jump right in.

Just let me know if you'd like me lend a hand.

Tanno October 10th, 2011 23:00

I'm a professional music producer. I have the experience around music, but not with sounds.

Any musical demo version is fine for me, as long as you tell me which kind of music are you seeking for this game. I even have the ability to watch a movie or a cutscene and find the proper music for it. ^^

And speaking of Dialogue Writer, if you need any other translator for other languages, I can handle the English and the Greek, but a bit the Japanese language. ^^

Simply PM me and I can help you guys. I love RPGs so much. I'm also an author for 2 novels.

azraelck October 16th, 2011 05:12

For JM:

They fixed the disappearing pet icon on the maps; I've been on Pump and it's not gone away.

Artificers now can be built using veteran status. I reconfigured Pump, mostly to skip a level.

Gator is still disappearing after entering and leaving caves.

Corwin October 16th, 2011 05:32

Mate, are you sure this post is in the correct thread/forum?

GothicGothicness October 16th, 2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanno (Post 1061097365)
I'm a professional music producer. I have the experience around music, but not with sounds.

Any musical demo version is fine for me, as long as you tell me which kind of music are you seeking for this game. I even have the ability to watch a movie or a cutscene and find the proper music for it. ^^

And speaking of Dialogue Writer, if you need any other translator for other languages, I can handle the English and the Greek, but a bit the Japanese language. ^^

Simply PM me and I can help you guys. I love RPGs so much. I'm also an author for 2 novels.

Right now it is too early to start working on the music put I might contact you at a later point.

Tanno October 16th, 2011 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness (Post 1061098834)
Right now it is too early to start working on the music put I might contact you at a later point.

OK, I'll wait your later reply, then. :) Have your time. :)

GothicGothicness April 27th, 2012 11:48

<rant>Sigh, it is so hard to hire talented people for a game project….. maybe it because everyone try to kickstart their own little game these days, or spend a lot of time without knowing what it takes to make a game and ends up in limbo, if only people could come together and work in a professional way I am sure great games could be made!</rant>

GhanBuriGhan April 27th, 2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness (Post 1061140895)
<rant>Sigh, it is so hard to hire talented people for a game projectů.. maybe it because everyone try to kickstart their own little game these days, or spend a lot of time without knowing what it takes to make a game and ends up in limbo, if only people could come together and work in a professional way I am sure great games could be made!</rant>

You haven't shown *anything* about this game. AFAIK, besides these forums there isn't even a shred of evidence that his game even exists. Besides a few wathers, nobody has ever heard about it.
OF COURSE that makes it hard to find interested people. Why should they want to work for you? If you want to find talented people and gather them behind you, you have to demonstrate that you have a project going on that is promising and that is worth investing their time in.

GothicGothicness April 27th, 2012 12:10

Yes and no, I do show things to people who are interested it is not in a stage to post screenshots, videos etc on public webpages yet. But there are quite a lot of people interested when I place ads on art sites and so on. Unfortunately either they are not good enough, or if they're good they quickly get snatched a way by a bag o'cash.

I would think there are more people who had a burning interst for turn-based RPG's that might stay on the project out of interest rather than cash. On the other hand perhaps some of the ideas are too modern for a turn-based game, either you have an old-school game completely and drop some names of games you want it to be like. To be innovative and "old-school" is probably not the best combination.

AOD is the only example I can think of.

GhanBuriGhan April 27th, 2012 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness (Post 1061140904)
Yes and no, I do show things to people who are interested it is not in a stage to post screenshots, videos etc on public webpages yet. But there are quite a lot of people interested when I place ads on art sites and so on. Unfortunately either they are not good enough, or if they're good they quickly get snatched a way by a bag o'cash.

I would think there are more people who had a burning interst for turn-based RPG's that might stay on the project out of interest rather than cash. On the other hand perhaps some of the ideas are too modern for a turn-based game, either you have an old-school game completely and drop some names of games you want it to be like. To be innovative and "old-school" is probably not the best combination.

AOD is the only example I can think of.

But that's the point, you can't find the people that would be interested in it "for the game" (which I am rather sure are out there) because nobody knows about it. AoD found its team because it was basically open development from the get go. That has its own set of problems, of course, but it did help with finding people.

GothicGothicness April 27th, 2012 12:36

Yes, you do have a point. But AOD also started in another time. Now Internet is flooded with projects of all kinds everywhere and you really need something spectacular to stand out. I suppose I will need to pay a premium price to people who are in it for the money at first to get something out that is really impressive, and use that to recruit people.

Alrik Fassbauer April 27th, 2012 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness (Post 1061140909)
[snip] and you really need something spectacular to stand out.

Or you bind people personally. Through personal talk on Conventions, for example.

GothicGothicness July 31st, 2013 16:04

Yes Alrik, that is a very good idea, also a very good excuse for me to buy some tickets for some fun conventions… if only I'll have the time!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch