RPGWatch Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last »

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragon Age: Origins (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Dragon Age: Silliness (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149)

Zloth November 16th, 2009 00:49

Dragon Age: Silliness

Funny stuff in the game - intentional and otherwise…

One of the hints at the top of the loading screen when going into a new area:
"When in doubt, go for the eyes!"
(Yeah, I might try that if I had a minature giant space hamster on the team.)

Yeah, I guess you could call this a simple haircut.

woges November 16th, 2009 03:24

After a certain part of the game that required new clothes to be worn, and because one of my characters original equipment could only be equipped in a certain order (stats requirement). The game failed to re-equip the character and the ensuing serious conversation was interrupted by the individual standing in just his pants with his sword strapped to his back.

Corwin November 16th, 2009 07:30

I liked the part of the game that required no clothes to be worn!! :)

xSamhainx November 16th, 2009 09:12

I think the Mabari war hound literally marking his territory is kinda silly! It's cool tho in a way, how they implemented it - the hound marking his territory gives him bonuses when fighting on that map, since he's the dominant or "top dog".

Pretty cool and well thought out - yet a little bit silly. I like it!

Maylander November 16th, 2009 11:00

You'll also find quite a few WoW/MMO references.

Spoiler – Example

JDR13 November 19th, 2009 14:57

I just had the random encounter where you come across an older couple as they find a baby in a meteorite.

A very obvious reference to Superman.

Benedict November 19th, 2009 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR13 (Post 1060984480)
I just had the random encounter where you come across an older couple as they find a baby in a meteorite.

A very obvious reference to Superman.

Beat me to it! Nice touch I thought.

crpgnut November 19th, 2009 17:16

Did you take the meteorite to a smith yet and have it forged? I've been wondering what can be made with it.

Remus November 19th, 2009 17:34

Quote:

Did you take the meteorite to a smith yet and have it forged? I've been wondering what can be made with it.
You won't regret it if you do :)

Lurking Grue November 21st, 2009 10:15

I thought it was funny and a direct wink of an eye to the player, when you intercept/run into another adventuring party (that are delivering a message about a blood mage to the Chantry) and intimidate them to not finish their quest, the leader says "we were only doing it for the experience" (or something like it).

RivianWitch November 21st, 2009 11:46

Not really silliness, but I like the "sound-like" names like Chastind (Chastened) and Brecilian forest ( to me sounds like Brazilian forest.)

Zloth November 21st, 2009 17:23

NWN2 actually had another adventuring party that you could mentor and they would head out on adventures. That was great!

BioWare's running joke with the "venture forth" bit still gives me grins. Two or three more games with jokes like that and it will make up for the painful memories of BG's dreaded "you must gather your party before venturing forth" messages. <shudder>

DeepO November 21st, 2009 21:14

*cough* Gaxkang *cough*

wolfgrimdark November 22nd, 2009 01:22

Not sure if folks heard this but you often had your main say "my warden sense is tingling" aka spiderman.

JDR13 November 22nd, 2009 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark (Post 1060984924)
Not sure if folks heard this but you often had your main say "my warden sense is tingling" aka spiderman.

Never heard that….I think the various races/backgrounds say different things.

RivianWitch November 22nd, 2009 13:56

Shale when waking up from "unconsciousness" : " *Sigh* Being out in the rain for so long must have slowed me down."

and, to Wynne: "What does the old mage say?" upon which Wynne replies: "I wish you wouldn't define me by my age."
Shale's retort: Ok, then ; what does the fussy mage say?"
Wynne: " *Sigh* . I give up."

RivianWitch November 22nd, 2009 14:03

Heh, and more Shale. I can't remember exactly how he was irritating Morrigan, whom he calls the "Swamp Witch", but he was working on her nerves and wouldn't back down. Of course, Shale has a holy hatred of birds, and always wants to hunt them down and squish them. (See the chicken he squished?)

..so when he really irritates Morrigan, she starts going: "Shall I turn myself into a bird? You know, I can do that…" upon which Shale quickly backs down: "Ok, ok, sorry, I won't say another word. Just forget I said anything… " (or something to that effect)

BlackHarmo November 22nd, 2009 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by RivianWitch (Post 1060984978)
Shale when waking up from "unconsciousness" : " *Sigh* Being out in the rain for so long must have slowed me down."

and, to Wynne: "What does the old mage say?" upon which Wynne replies: "I wish you wouldn't define me by my age."
Shale's retort: Ok, then ; what does the fussy mage say?"
Wynne: " *Sigh* . I give up."

Hehe. Ironic, considering _she's_ the one constantly refering to her own "old bones" etc.

Remus November 22nd, 2009 15:44

I brought Oghren along in my party's trip into the Deep roads and Morrigan was complaining of him been smelly, dirty mouth (asking her ever shape-shifting when doing "it" and how it feelů), and annoyed at him of pawing her by deliberately tripping himself when travelling along.

Zloth November 25th, 2009 04:59

Mass Dragon Effect Age