RPGWatch Forums

RPGWatch Forums (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DA: The Awakening - New Official Page (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9873)

Dhruin February 14th, 2010 21:52

DA: The Awakening - New Official Page
 
BioWare has kicked up a new official page for The Awakening - nothing new I can see so far but no doubt further updates are close as we approach the March release.
More information.

Arundor February 14th, 2010 21:52

There actually is new information in the FAQ section.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening/faq/

It's a mix of old and new information. To summarize the new bits:

- 6 new specializations, two for each class.
- 24 new spells
- 32 new talents
- Romances from the original do not continue, nor are there any new romances.
- Oghren is the returning companion.
- Depending on your choices in the original, there are possible cameos from Alistair, Wynne and Loghain.
- If you want you can import a character that did the Ultimate Sacrifice and pretend that you survived some how.
- Imported characters will lose DLC items, but keep items from the core game.

JDR13 February 14th, 2010 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arundor (Post 1060997818)
- Depending on your choices in the original, there are possible cameos from Alistair, Wynne and Loghain..


Nice……

I wish they hadn't revealed who the returning companion was though…

MasterLich February 15th, 2010 00:26

Quote:

- If you want you can import a character that did the Ultimate Sacrifice and pretend that you survived some how.
I wonder how the add-on takes this information - I played the ending twice to see what happens if I do the ultimate sacrifice, so does the game remember only the last time I finished it with the same character?

Arundor February 15th, 2010 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLich (Post 1060997836)
I wonder how the add-on takes this information - I played the ending twice to see what happens if I do the ultimate sacrifice, so does the game remember only the last time I finished it with the same character?

You can choose which saved game to import into Awakening. If you want to keep your options open, you could just keep a seperate save for each ending.

You can even import a save from before killing the Archdemon, but in that case the Awakening story will be less reactive to your choices from the original campaign.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch